Backcountry Cooking!

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally got a muff pot this year so I can enjoy some hot meals while out riding. Figured I'd start up a thread to see what everyone like to throw in there and what are good cooking techniques and locations to mount them. I have mine mounted on the connection between the pipe and my hps can. Great spot that gives me plenty of room to take it out with gloves on.

Feel free to share your expertise!

Nikm17

Reaction score
I buy precooked boneless buffalo chicken wings to put in there. They're already cooked so don't have to worry about if they got hot enough for long enough to be safe to eat and I like them because there is no greasy messes

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shepherds pie lasagna pizza left overs everything tastes good at 7000 feet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
marinated meatballs, chicken kabobs, many flavours of prawns

cooker food.jpg

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I try a variety of things from M&M meats. Shrimp, pizza rolls, individual packs of chicken they sell are awesome, like chicken parmesan. Greek ribs from Costco. or last year I tried these individual meatloafs that they carry, and they are awesome.
Just came from Costco and couldn't see the meatloaf, I guess I got the from M&M meats as well.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I try a variety of things from M&M meats. Shrimp, pizza rolls, individual packs of chicken they sell are awesome, like chicken parmesan. Greek ribs from Costco. or last year I tried these individual meatloafs that they carry, and they are awesome.

And the Costco cabbage rolls are great. 2/ foil tray................Mmmmmmmmmmm

As an extra benefit, the cabbage stays hot right to the end of lunch.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they pre cooked Doug? Any cabbage rolls I've seen, it looks like they have to be cooked for 2 hours.
And the Costco cabbage rolls are great. 2/ foil tray................Mmmmmmmmmmm

As an extra benefit, the cabbage stays hot right to the end of lunch.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I don't buy much of the already prepared food with cabbage rolls being the exception. Just about all our meals are homemade and/or left-overs. Other than the seafood that starts out frozen.

I am thinking about doing a "cedar plank piece of salmon" this year. There are very thin pieces of cedar at Crappy Tire for some specialty BBQ'ing what I will lay the salmon fillet on and see how it turns out.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I don't buy much of the already prepared food with cabbage rolls being the exception. Just about all our meals are homemade and/or left-overs. Other than the seafood that starts out frozen.

I am thinking about doing a "cedar plank piece of salmon" this year. There are very thin pieces of cedar at Crappy Tire for some specialty BBQ'ing what I will lay the salmon fillet on and see how it turns out.

I know you're a ways from one Doug, but Costco sells the cedar planks in a package of a few for cheap cheap. Just an FYI.

Top Bottom