Back up camera

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 2012 Ford Superduty - work truck special.

For all the towing I do I need a back-up camera. This one doesn't have it. Are there any decent ones that plug into the Ford wiring harness. Or am I just better to buy a decent stereo that has a camera feature?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you can put the ball under the hitch with out a camera, then you shouldn't need one.
besides, thats the wife job to guide you back

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a stock 3" or so camera in my mirror on my duramax. I wouldn't do with out it if I had a choice again.

I hook up and drop to my trailer 3-4 times a day quite regularly. If I save one time getting out of the truck to reset it's worth it to me.

My dodge caravan has one as well but in the dash. I much prefer in the mirror so I don't have to bounce between dash and mirror.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a stock mirror one on my f 150 and it is ok, but it still is too small.

The new ones in the mirror are better for sure, but the dash screen kicks butt.

As for an aftermarket one, I installed a YADA one in my father's and it has failed 2 times in 3 years.

Spend some good $$ and get a decent aftermarket one. they are pretty cheap nowadays, and you can get a 5" screen for a few hundred bucks.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get yourself a aftermarket stereo.I have a flip out on my truck and ordered a cam off ebay for $15.00 mounts to licence plate. Been going strong for years now. Boss has the mirror backup cam and he hates it especially when he seen mine.

Top Bottom