B.C. risks return to severe pandemic restrictions

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They had check stops looking for more than one person per vehicle on the outskirts of every exit out of edmonton last year in March and April, even parts of May, not everyday but anytime I went into edmonton I was dodging checkstops, got pulled over at one of them at the beginning of April, they grilled us on non matching addresses, we just said his wife kicked him out and he was living at my place for the last few months lol, cop was nice though gave us a warning, no fine, said dont be riding together. Heard the same around jasper, buddy got pulled over outside jasper in april, he was passing through on his way to kamloops for his kids b-day with his wife. So it does happen and sledding isnt worth that crap hassle to me thats for sure.

Any body else see this? I sure didn’t. Just heard about it mostly from the people that didn’t leave their homes. We also had 4 trucks driving around edmonton everyday working. Can’t give tickets if there is no actual law!

Photo radar was still at every overpass. All the cops Cars still had 2 officers inside with no masks, don’t think they live together.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any body else see this? I sure didn’t. Just heard about it mostly from the people that didn’t leave their homes. We also had 4 trucks driving around edmonton everyday working. Can’t give tickets if there is no actual law!

Photo radar was still at every overpass. All the cops Cars still had 2 officers inside with no masks, don’t think they live together.
Nope,
I was just thinking the same thing.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I go to my lake lot near Edson from Redwater almost every weekend. Take the henday then yellow head out of Edmonton, never once seen a check stop coming or going.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know some people that got tickets. 1000$

What was the infraction # or code listed on these tickets? Or better yet post a pic.

Not saying no power tripping cop didn’t try, but...

Can’t write tickets for a recommendation, There Needs to be an actual law and there was no law in the spring. Address on your drivers license also proves nothing. You could have been isolating together for the last 8 months. Just heading out for toilet paper.

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What was the infraction # or code listed on these tickets? Or better yet post a pic.

Not saying no power tripping cop didn’t try, but...

Can’t write tickets for a recommendation, There Needs to be an actual law and there was no law in the spring. Address on your drivers license also proves nothing. You could have been isolating together for the last 8 months. Just heading out for toilet paper.

Wasn't me , sorry dont have a pic. Guess it's kinda like people who know people with the covaids.

Everyone supposedly knows a guy, but that's all you get out of them....

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Wasn't me , sorry dont have a pic. Guess it's kinda like people who know people with the covaids.

Everyone supposedly knows a guy, but that's all you get out of them....

you're also in Ontario, which may have actual laws in place where as in Alberta/BC its just been recommendations, so far.

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you're also in Ontario, which may have actual laws in place where as in Alberta/BC its just been recommendations, so far.

Need to update location. I have lived in 5 different provinces. Ontarios restrictions are worse than out west forsure.

One of the great things about living in Canada is the freedom to travel around unrestricted more or less within our borders.

Some places in the world , you cant do that, you get permission before you go here or there. Hopefully we dont end up like that.

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Restricting borders within the country seems crazy it’s hard to think it could be enforced well but with NDP in full power in bc I now believe anything is possible the left leaning governments seem to go lockdown happy. Hopefully some of these targeted measures have some effect.

I'm no NDP supporter, but if you see the border closed it'll be Sock Boy you can thank. Provincial governments don't have the authority to close an inter provincial border. That'll be the feds.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'm no NDP supporter, but if you see the border closed it'll be Sock Boy you can thank. Provincial governments don't have the authority to close an inter provincial border. That'll be the feds.

Are you sure? I didn't think it was the federal government that implemented the "Atlantic Bubble" I thought the provinces did that at a provincial level.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, the Atlantic bubble is a deal with the maritime provinces, you enter NB you do a check, you enter NS you do a check again.
Final destination, quarantine for 14 days.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sure? I didn't think it was the federal government that implemented the "Atlantic Bubble" I thought the provinces did that at a provincial level.

Provinces can impose restrictions, which is what the Atlantic bubble technically is. Outright closure is federal. I have been known to be wrong though. :Ponder:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m personally disappointed with mankind. When they first locked us down it was very important will listen, flatten the curve blah blah blah. That was the story. 99.9 of us listened and complied for the greater good Now very very very little death and we’re talking about lockdown again and most of the people on the planet think that’s best. I’m embarrassed to be human. It’s clearly manageable. It’s clearly possible to protect the weak And treatments are coming. Yet every day all you hear cases rise in cases rising emergency measures not working. New keywords for fear. There’s a new one for lockdown since it sounded so harsh. Now they call it a hard reset LOL
All are selling us this fear. That’s all I know it’s ****ing bull****. I betting you Covid doesn’t even exist

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m personally disappointed with mankind. When they first locked us down it was very important will listen, flatten the curve blah blah blah. That was the story. 99.9 of us listened and complied for the greater good Now very very very little death and we’re talking about lockdown again and most of the people on the planet think that’s best. I’m embarrassed to be human. It’s clearly manageable. It’s clearly possible to protect the weak And treatments are coming. Yet every day all you hear cases rise in cases rising emergency measures not working. New keywords for fear. There’s a new one for lockdown since it sounded so harsh. Now they call it a hard reset LOL
All are selling us this fear. That’s all I know it’s ****ing bull****. I betting you Covid doesn’t even exist
Exactly

And us that know, and knew before, did our part for a month or two, to make friends that were scared feel better, and then we'll

We were crazy and chit

Ummmm ya it's all bull crap

It's all for the one world order, we all better stand up, take the blind folds off and see what it really is

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I will never get tested or traced. Covid is a flu. Everything else is a great big theatre show.
I'm with you on that also. I give a fictitious name and phone number whenever asked for tracing purposes (ie restaurant). They can stick where the sun doesn't shine. I will not wear a mask and I will walk into places that say I have to wear a mask without a mask. If I get a hassle, I will go else where or do without.

Top Bottom