B.C. risks return to severe pandemic restrictions

CJD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a question for everyone. Does anyone else feel the masks are another reason for the cases going up???

Respirators filter out particulate, N95 etc.
If the people in charge were worried about heavy particles or aerosols mist transmission, thats what a p-100 vapor cartridge is used for.
Take a balaclava for instance when that gets wet, if a person touches the outside of the mask and contaminates the outside, is it possible to inhale contaminated droplet?

How may people used a n-95 for painting???
When I did my n-95 fit test I thought the test was BS, she was spraying a mist inside the hood and she kept asking if I could taste it, I know I had I good seal but I could still taste it faintly.
Masks definitely make you touch your face more, if a mask wearer has covid fingers and puts a mask on, that person may or may not contaminate their mask or touch there eyes etc.

I still believe, personal hygiene, and giving people their space is important, but these masks really have me wondering.

every county that has mandated masks has also had cases skyrocket in the following weeks. Either masks make it worse, or that happens to be when they started padding the numbers. People who had a COVID test booked but walked away from a long lineup without being tested were also told by AHS that they were positive.

Websy

Reaction score
Yes that would suck to be the one to give it to their Grandma....from a lot that I have read though many people that have reached 90 aren't buying into this 'pandemic' as being anything more fearful for them than catching the flu, pneumonia, etc. At 90 their mortality rate is most likely the same regardless of what they catch.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could always do like the snowbirds are doing.

Drive the the "rv" to the boarder. Hire a "professional driver" to drive it across said boarder.

And proceed to sled.
Fly back to Calgary take the rapid test, go go.

Reactions: RXN

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My travel has and is still going on. I was there in March, April, May etc. and I am going tomorrow too. The only thing we saw was a few places shut down but it was short lived. We had more than 1 person in the vehicle every trip. Saw many hotels open through it too.
Ya i would expect this go round to be even worse, nothing like last spring,you seem very optimistic and trustworthy of gov't but im fully expecting a long boring winter for our group up here, between lockdowns and the company I work for buying into this hoax and acting like commies sledding for me is done..... anyone looking for a 2018 mountain cat

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My daughter a nurse at 811 said keep to yourself it's getting bad out there ! NOT a hoax. Distance on a sled seem like a good idea.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i would expect this go round to be even worse, nothing like last spring,you seem very optimistic and trustworthy of gov't but im fully expecting a long boring winter for our group up here, between lockdowns and the company I work for buying into this hoax and acting like commies sledding for me is done..... anyone looking for a 2018 mountain cat

Are you potentially willing to part with your belt drive?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
which is great news for us guys who like to ride and dont care if the trail is fawked or a highway.

more pow for the real riders!
Ya, the blue lake trail was sick in March and April, better for a month plus than even the next day after a groom lol

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Salmon lakes, westridge to name a couple. Ride oasis a bit, that parking area is tiny and plowed usually. Foam is sometimes maintained, sometimes not.

I know I wouldn't be bragging about riding unmaintained areas while talking about Salmon, Foam and Westridge lmao.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know I wouldn't be bragging about riding unmaintained areas while talking about Salmon, Foam and Westridge lmao.

He’s not this year but the best way is to not be on any social media sites or forums talking about your adventures?
But people can’t do it as it’s look at me ?!!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was i bragging??? Not so much, just stating that theres areas we ride as well which arent groomed or realy maintained and most around the part of BC we ride have some sort of parking area still that would still make it a tough go to ride this year. When horgan shuts it all down where does one park when the lots have 3' of snow in them? You sound super cool though and probably only ride way in the logging road backcountry with all the coolest dick head fake ass pro riders, with your sweet wrap builds posting instagram stories every 30 minutes while smashing monsters on your 850's, gimme a break, dont come in acting cool for you s&m buddies because it wont get you far with me. Everyone is acting hard like the gov't cant stop me, im riding blah blah blah.......When the restrictions are near totalitarian this go round, its gonna be a giant PITA just to spin a track out there and im willing to bet most will hardly make the trips west

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When the restrictions are near totalitarian this go round, its gonna be a giant PITA just to spin a track out there and im willing to bet most will hardly make the trips west

Hey buddy I'm not trying to be a keyboard warrior, I'm on the same page as you. Just poking some fun because westridge salmon and foam are pretty easy access...

If they're going to lock up, might as well due it now so in 4 weeks when it "opens" back up, it will be premo pow season

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If clubs stop grooming my groups will be riding, it doesn't make much difference. But I'll be pissed if I pay $500 for memberships (Revy and Sic) and they stop grooming in December or early January without refunding a portion of the money. I thought Sicamous shut down grooming too quick in spring. To be honest clubs could have groomed the trails occasionally in the main areas after everything was shut down for the those who prepaid for these services with a membership. If I recall correctly Revy did some of these "bonus" grooms after shutting down, hats off to them.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If clubs stop grooming my groups will be riding, it doesn't make much difference. But I'll be pissed if I pay $500 for memberships (Revy and Sic) and they stop grooming in December or early January without refunding a portion of the money. I thought Sicamous shut down grooming too quick in spring. To be honest clubs could have groomed the trails occasionally in the main areas after everything was shut down for the those who prepaid for these services with a membership. If I recall correctly Revy did some of these "bonus" grooms after shutting down, hats off to them.
Sicamous was the last club to shut down by the way, 2 days later than the last one

That's what put the nail in, was all the other clubs shut down, and the rec officer said we needed to now

Top Bottom