avy packs

powerclaw

Reaction score
just wanted to take a small survay to see how many of you own an avy pack and have been in a situation where you needed to pull the cord but instead hit the panic button and never deployed your pack. this could be an interesting topic!

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Panic button as in throttled it to try and out run the avi? Or jut never pulled it? I wear an ABS avi bag.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got the ABS 30, never been in a situation where i needed it, and hope to never need it!!!!!!

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have had the
escape 30
now ride the Vario pack
dont want to be anywere i need to pull it, but just in case
ride safe

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the bca float 30 and yes hope to never pull that cord but its safer and better to have it if that day comes I hope not tho.

Manatee

Reaction score
Same here.
I have a Float 30. Have never used it, then again, I just bought it this fall. But I hope to never use it. I also have a Beacon that I have never had to use yet (I wear it, I'm just saying I haven't had to do a rescue). Except to practice with it.

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a BCA float 30 and used all last winter for its awesome storage. When its loaded up with my survival gear it weights a little more then my normal back pack. I have not used it to save my life yet or want to use it to do so, but the chance to use it is not welcomed! I think they are worth they weight in gold for a another chance at life/ improving the chance of laughing it off. After all the money spent to hit the hills, whats another $800. My .50 cents

Top Bottom