AVY in Alipine, Wyoming!!!

TomKat72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AVY in Alpine, Wyoming!!!

:news:
Had an avalanche in Alpine, Wyoming this last Friday 2/27/09!!! Four sledders involved and three of them now dead with a lone survivor. According to sources it was a mile-long by 100 yards wide avalanche. The lone survivor had to hike for two hours to get service to call for help. All had beacons on them which helped the Search & Rescue locate them which it then still took four hours to dig them out. All the men were experienced sledders which just goes to show that it can happen to anyone.
My condolences to the families and friends of the survivors!!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
:news:
Had an avalanche in alpine, wyoming this last friday 2/27/09!!! Four sledders involved and three of them now dead with a lone survivor. According to sources it was a mile-long by 100 yards wide avalanche. The lone survivor had to hike for two hours to get service to call for help. All had beacons on them which helped the search & rescue locate them which it then still took four hours to dig them out. All the men were experienced sledders which just goes to show that it can happen to anyone.
my condolences to the families and friends of the survivors!!!

my prayers go out to the 3 men and their family and friends.......... :(:(:(

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a sad day when something like this happens. My thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and family

TomKat72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!! I'll pass this on to the suvivors as I'm sure that they will appreciate your support!

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is sad news:( My thoughts go out to the friends and families!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
be safe people, snow was sliding every where in golden this weekend,

all the best to the families

Top Bottom