Avy at Harp Mountain yesterday (Mar 19)

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did anyone here about the avalanche at Harp mountain BC yesterday?
1 sledder died 1 got out ! anyone have anymore details as it has not been on the news yet ??? :dontknow:

mtnluvr

Reaction score
Re: Avy at Harp Mountain yesterday

Where is Harp Mountain? Never heard about this one, not surprised though I was out in Red Deer Falls Area and conditions were definitely extreme, tons of activity! Play safe boys.

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

not sure. I was talking to the boys at purepower and they told me they heard it on the scanner last night.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Some information is located on the global & mail.

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Where is Harp Mountain? Never heard about this one, not surprised though I was out in Red Deer Falls Area and conditions were definitely extreme, tons of activity! Play safe boys.

isnt harp by green mtn east of barriere north of kamloops???? the avy was at mica mtn north of 100 mile...........all mountains pretty touchy rite now.....be careful out there everyone!!!!!

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

it is possible we are talking about the same avy (100 mile). 100 mile happend on wednesday according to the date on the report. From what I am told there was one at Harp yesterday involving two sledders.
I started this thread to see if there is info out there!
thanks for the feed back

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Haven't had any news on this one,sounds allot like the Mica incident though.

Here's a little info on Harp.

The Harp Mountain area (summit is 2275m) is accessed through both the North Barriere Lake area 1 hour from Kamloops and Vavenby off Highway 5 north of Clearwater . This area is managed under agreement with the Clearwater Sno-Drifters Snowmobile Club who maintain an “A” frame shelter on the mountain. This is a remote alpine riding area of intermediate difficulty with some avalanche hazards. It is an easy area to move around in with a choice of either a difficult or easy way to get from place to place, making it popular with families. There is a historic range cabin along one of the southern access routes. Great views in all directions await snowmobilers at the top of Harp Mountain .

Rider38

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Where ever it is my condolences to the family of the lost sledder

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Heard yesterday that there was in fact an avy. on harp,it was in an isolated area and no one was hurt.

Top Bottom