Avy air bag....what brand?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell me what brand of an Avalanche air bag you purchased or are planning to purchase.

Why, that particular brand?

Was there something that you didn't like about some other brands?

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a K2 By BCA. I Love the fit of it. and with it being co2 you can refill it in just about any city. The biggest thing was the fit, I tried on almost every airbag at the sled show and at all the shops around edmonton. I loved the Bca one the most. After all that i found out through the ski shop i work at i can get the K2 bag Made by BCA. It is a float 30 With K2 logo and a few small changes. so far 4 trips in and still in love. How they make the bag disperse the weight it amazing. it is 7 puonds more than my old HMK bag (have added more survival gear not just bag weight) But at the end of the day my sholders and back feel better. If your thinking of getting one DO NOT BUY ON PRICE buy on fit your back will thank you after the 4 day straight. The Bag I run.

K2 Backside Float 30 Airbag Pack | evo

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ran the BCA and the snowpulse. I had good and bad things to say about both. I will tell you however the next purchase I will be making in the avy bag will be the BCA MTNPRO Vest. I tried them on a few times and were amazingly comfy. Fit and finish are quite well too. I attached a youtube link so you can see for yourself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8HP7yArhD8

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the snowpulse vest and have been really happy with it. Only thing I didn't like is that they didn't offer their trauma style bag in it but I hear that they are going to start.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ABS Vario - Talk to the suppliers, they will tell you about which units they see back for warranty\repairs...!

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ABS Vario - Talk to the suppliers, they will tell you about which units they see back for warranty\repairs...!

I have talked to some suppliers....they tend to speak good for what they sell. This is why I put the question out here to get the real truth. Is there a brand that you know about that is some what more un-reliable?

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a avi- vest. Love the vest style for comfort,distributes the weight evenly on your body,lots of storage,hate that they went broke and can only get it filled at mountain magic. Was told the paint ball shops could fill it but they can't. Buy a bag that will be easy to get filled and hopefully be in business for awhile.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BCA Float 22 for me , it is a more entry level bag that is not huge as I do not like to carry much weight on my back. I only throw things in there that I need very seldom (tow straps, firestarter, overnight supplies, ect.) The new BCA bags have dual locations to mount the pull chord leaving another side to mount a radio ( BCA Link). Another thing I like about the BCA bags is the bag comes up behind my neck and would support it from whiplash in the event of an avalanche. Can also get them filled for $20 at Alberta Cycle which is the cheapest I have found in the Edmonton area. Good luck with your purchase!

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son and I have a first generation and a new Snowpulse Highmark. Ended up going with the snowpulse mostly because of the wrap around airbag shape. The new one also has the rip cord on right shoulder, which is proper for sledders. Pack size was also a concern for me since I seem to carry half of Costco on my back.

Lot of guys love the vests, but also heard some bigger guys that bought them that were not happy with the fit, so I stayed away from them.

Never have had to use an airbag in an emergency situation yet thankfully.

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got my BCA refill done at Northwest Scuba venture in edmonton yesterday for 15$ and was only there for about 45 mins.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just rode with a bunch of people who have the BCA Mtn Pro vest. Every single one of them, love them. I've currently got a BCA Float 22 Throttle which will be for sale and I'm switching to the vest. I used to wear a Tekvest but had major issues with sweat building up, then getting cold when you stop during a ride. This being worn externally, cures that.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great feedback so far.....keep it coming

This is not a thread to judge you on your decision......we pick a certain brand for a reason....tell me yours......it may be as simple as "that's the one my friend has, so that's what I bought"......

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great feedback so far.....keep it coming

This is not a thread to judge you on your decision......we pick a certain brand for a reason....tell me yours......it may be as simple as "that's the one my friend has, so that's what I bought"......

I went BCA because if you buy the o-rings, you can pretty much get it filled at any scuba or paintball shop.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Snow Pulse avy vest. I like how it distributes the weight evenly and no crotch straps to forget about and have dangling down by the track. Lots of pockets and the zipper is way nicer than hokey buckles and snap latches on other brands.

XanderKane

Reaction score
I have the Snow Pulse avy vest. I like how it distributes the weight evenly and no crotch straps to forget about and have dangling down by the track. Lots of pockets and the zipper is way nicer than hokey buckles and snap latches on other brands.

x2...

Top Bottom