avalanche warning

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just returned from St. Paul today in this blizzard and there are some huge drifts in the ditches. Cornices at the top just like in the mountains. Some are breaking off and coming down. 2 years ago similar issue in Quebec with slopes sliding down. I don`t think anything will happen but look for some serious driftbashing when this storm ends. Better wear you long undies gonna be chilly

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I have one drift in the yard here that would probably measure close to 5 feet high, this weather is incredible...... sure wish I had a sled!

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one drift in the yard here that would probably measure close to 5 feet high, this weather is incredible...... sure wish I had a sled!

We got drifts in our yard taller than i am...(5' 10") They have to be over 6 ft....i tried walking on top of one and sunk to my chest...we might need beacons this year :p

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't bash those drifts up too much RUCKY, I am sure Trav and I can put some big holes in them for you

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't bash those drifts up too much RUCKY, I am sure Trav and I can put some big holes in them for you

HOPEFULLY it is nice next weekend, so i can get out too you lucky blank lol...how does next weekend look for you?

Last edited by a moderator:

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saturday is out for me for sure but Sunday may be a go. I will have to see, have to do some family stuff this weekend as well.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slightly warmer by Thursday. Might have to take the day off and beat all you guys out to the ditches and tree lines. LOVE drift busting!!!

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan Ron. if anyone is making plans post em on here. Just have to wait until it warms a bit. -45 today with Windchill. Supposed to go down to -39 tonight (not factoring chill) and -37 on Tuesday. A little cold for riding both for man and machine. S*#t breaks at this temp. Looking forward to putting some XP sized holes in a lot of snow on the weekend

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boys, Boys, Boys... just remember, those nice fluffy drifts you are all getting worked up over are going to be as hard as rock by the time this cold snap is over.. I just shoveled the snow in front of my house and it is already very hard :mad:

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boys, Boys, Boys... just remember, those nice fluffy drifts you are all getting worked up over are going to be as hard as rock by the time this cold snap is over.. I just shoveled the snow in front of my house and it is already very hard :mad:

Haha, who cares, drifts are drifts...and by the way, love the face. glad to see you're going poo :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: lol

Top Bottom