Avalanche Pack Poll

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no offence Momma, but the poll is skewed right from the beginning as it will only give you information from Facebook members? I know there are lots of members but how many aren't????

Count me out to Doug. Just tried it and won't work as I am not a Facebook groupie.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no offence Momma, but the poll is skewed right from the beginning as it will only give you information from Facebook members? I know there are lots of members but how many aren't????

Count me out to Doug. Just tried it and won't work as I am not a Facebook groupie.

10 4 guys! Can someone make a poll on here? I'm trying to figure out the trend from year to year. Thank you so much for your help! Would be interested in preferences as well.

Thank you peeps!

Momma:)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
10 4 guys! Can someone make a poll on here? I'm trying to figure out the trend from year to year. Thank you so much for your help! Would be interested in preferences as well.

Thank you peeps!

Momma:)

I don't know if this link is relevant with the new format, so try it and see. You could also turn to the Moderators for help......

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
For what its worth. Ive been wearing Airbags for almost 10 years. First was the SB 15 ABS when it was pretty much the only brand on the market. Went to an BCA 2 years ago and then back to my ABS because of some fitment issues. Then went to the BCA float 30 again last year for a bit and then got lucky enough to try the new float 18 all spring long. I like the Float 18 and appreciate it carries the right amount of supplies for me for a day ride. If I was to take extra emergency gear or going deep into new terrain I would likely use the Float 30 for the extra room. ABS is a pain as the Cylinder refills are not nearly as easy to access as the BCA and most Dive shops who will fill them in 10 minutes. Sorry I have no experience with any of the other brands (Snopulse). I now have 4 Airbags in my trailer and will always lend one to a non Airbag rider who comes with. I believe in them that much.
Safe sleddin
RS

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good thread Momma provoking Avybag awareness. Cheers. I wear Snowpulse HM and it is one more peice of gear that has the potential to prevent. My math on the issue Truck w/ deck 50K sled anywhere between 15k to 20k all the other stuff a yr 4k to 8k. Avybag 1k to 1.2k= potential to save a life PRICELESS.

Side note: I was east of Back Diamond yesterday and was amazed at how much of the white stuff was just west. FS I seen more than the garter belt yesterday. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Snow Pulse Highmark. I like the fit as well as the fact that the bag protects your neck and head. The canisters are filled with oxygen so if your buried the bag will deflate over time and hopefully fill any cavity around the head with oxygen and not nytogen like other models. If I had a complaint it would be the trigger is not as easy to grab as the ABS one.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i simply amazed that more people don't use a bag. better than 70% do not ride with one, must be supermen or have no reason to live.

i use a snow pulse.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why leave your life in the hands of others to dig you out.... been there, dug some out, failed at it. Not worth it in my opinion, its the freak incidents that will get even a season sledder.

For this i got a ABS Vario 15L

Last edited:

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Float 30, I keep a spare one in the trailer for associates without as well!!! Good thread!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Good thread Momma provoking Avybag awareness. Cheers. I wear Snowpulse HM and it is one more peice of gear that has the potential to prevent. My math on the issue Truck w/ deck 50K sled anywhere between 15k to 20k all the other stuff a yr 4k to 8k. Avybag 1k to 1.2k= potential to save a life PRICELESS.

Side note: I was east of Back Diamond yesterday and was amazed at how much of the white stuff was just west. FS I seen more than the garter belt yesterday. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Just a little bigger garter belt......still a teaser!!!

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use an ABS free ride and keep an extra set of avi gear in the trailer for anyone that comes along that does not have it!!!Trench

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very good thread!

I looked into this a few years back, tried on the available ones on the market, went with the ABS Vario line because I like the fit and feel, didn't like the heavy padding around the shoulders and neck from the SP. Mostly, I liked the proven company ABS.

What ever a persons choice, there's no excuse for not having an airbag\backpack like in the early post, after spending upwards of $20G just for equipment, what's another $1G to help bring you back at the end of the day...?

Top Bottom