Avalanche Death in Tumbler Ridge

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The man that we lost was a very experienced rider who rode as often as he could. He was a prominent well respected businessman in a small town, a family man, and will be sadly missed by our whole community.
From what I understand they were riding from one area to another and when they entered this bowl they didn't like the looks of the area they were in. They stopped to assess where to go next when he looked up the hill and saw the slide. Chris warned the others of the avalanche which allowed time for them to do their best to escape, unfortunately he did not make it.
Because of him there are men that came off of that mountain with their lives and were able to go home to their young families. Chris was one of the best riders with the most mountain experience and avalanche training and gear I knew and safety was always a priority with him.
Although this tragedy will hurt everyone who knew him, it serves as a reminder that even the best sometimes can't predict what will happen when they leave the parking lot.
Chris died doing what he loved and he died a hero for saving other lives that day. We'll miss you!!! R.I.P
rip sorry for your loss

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The man that we lost was a very experienced rider who rode as often as he could. He was a prominent well respected businessman in a small town, a family man, and will be sadly missed by our whole community.
From what I understand they were riding from one area to another and when they entered this bowl they didn't like the looks of the area they were in. They stopped to assess where to go next when he looked up the hill and saw the slide. Chris warned the others of the avalanche which allowed time for them to do their best to escape, unfortunately he did not make it.
Because of him there are men that came off of that mountain with their lives and were able to go home to their young families. Chris was one of the best riders with the most mountain experience and avalanche training and gear I knew and safety was always a priority with him.
Although this tragedy will hurt everyone who knew him, it serves as a reminder that even the best sometimes can't predict what will happen when they leave the parking lot.
Chris died doing what he loved and he died a hero for saving other lives that day. We'll miss you!!! R.I.P

You are absolultely correct in your description of what happened, and about Chris.

Top Bottom