Avalanche Claims One In Blue River

jaws

Reaction score
First off my thoughts go out to the family and I don,t really want to be the one to ask but does any one know the name of the person,I have friends that are staying in vale and were to be riding north blue from wed-sat.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Here is the article from the edmonton sun Website:

CLEARWATER, B.C. — A 45-year-old Edmonton-area man has been killed in an avalanche near Blue River, B.C., close to the Alberta border.

Clearwater RCMP say the man was engulfed while snowmobiling in an area known as Harley’s Heaven, just south of Valemount, west of Jasper National Park.

The victim was with two other snowmobilers who managed to dig him out of the snow but could not revive him.

Search and rescue teams hope to recover the man’s body today.

His name will not be released until next of kin are notified.

The death comes one day after the Canadian Avalanche Centre issued an avalanche warning for the B.C.’s Kootenay-Boundary region and the entire south Rockies.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Condolences to the Family and Friends. Sorry to hear about your friend Mark (162skidoo)

gnome

Reaction score
Ron will be sadly missed. The girls from the Valemount Hotel (past & present) send a group hug to all thoughs who new Ron. And we send our deepest sympathys to his family. Memories of his infectious smile and GREAT sense of humour will always bring a smile to our faces.

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My deepest symathy goes out to the family.As fun as the sport is ,this happened to me this winter and i was lucky enough to walk away,it all happens so fast its unreal.RIDE SAFE EVERYONE. My heart breaks for his family and friends.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ron will be sadly missed. The girls from the Valemount Hotel (past & present) send a group hug to all thoughs who new Ron. And we send our deepest sympathys to his family. Memories of his infectious smile and GREAT sense of humour will always bring a smile to our faces.

My condolences to the family.
I just herd of this news at 6:00pm. I hope this is not the Ron that I know. They mentioned on the news that he was a edmonton firefighter. I this gives me a horrible feeling.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My condolences to Ron's family and friends. We've shared some good times together, will be missed by all. God Bless his family in this difficult time.
Ron was a good friend and neighbor in our community.

zeke

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I'm one of the survivors. I want to confirm that the information posted is for the most part accurate. The two of us that made it out are with Edm. Fire. The area we were in is correct. Paradise and Harley's Heaven, sound's like the perfect place for a guy like Ron. I feel so bad. I will tell the whole story as soon as I'm able.
We want to thank everyone for their kind words. We would also like to thank the folks at Blue Jewel and Holy Smoke for their offer, Peter at the Valemount hotel, Steve and the guys for going up and digging out the sled and Jim for hauling it back. A special thanks to Gary and the guys at VI Helicopters.

Ride safe.

jaws

Reaction score
Deepest sympathy goes out to Ron's family at this time.Grant I can't even begin to imagine what you guys had to go through that day, I believe we have all probably played the "what if" scenarios out in our minds more than once and I'm sure that nothing could prepare you for what you've experienced.These men along with Ron are extremely knowledgable and experienced riders,this could happen to any of us that enjoy this great sport.Everbody play safe.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Condolences, sad to hear news of this my thoughts to got out to Ron's family and friends. Like said in other post be safe out there.....please.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My deepest condolences to Ron's family and friends. I am friends with the two Firemen (both incredible gentlemen) that tried to rescue Ron and my heart goes out to you guys. There isn't two better men in the world that I would like to be riding with should something go wrong then you guys! Take care of yourselves! And God Bless!

Top Bottom