Avalanche claims a friend.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
WRITTEN BY SLEDDERGLEN, AND POSTED UNDER THE FORT SASKATCHEWAN SNOW ANGELS SITE:

Fallen Angel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday was a very sad day for the Beck family (from Antler Lake Alberta) and hundreds of friends. Albert was killed in a avalanche in Blue River BC. Albert was with a group of friends riding in a known safer area and was hit by a avalance released from above. This avalanche, as far as can be determinded, was naturally triggered and 2 riders were caught in the runout which caught up to them riding in a treed meadow. Albert had a chance to trigger his Air Bag and was rescuced within 5 minutes but never recovered from injuries.
Albert will be missed by all who know him and Snowmobiling in Alberta will never be the same.
Our hearts go out to the family right now in a very bad time and our wishes go out to them
Albert was very safety aware and was fully trained in Avalanche safety. He had his Level 2 certicicate and had all the best equipment out there and knew how to use it well. Fellow riders also had training and the rescue was very fast. It seems to me that he was in the wrong spot at the wrong time.
Albert was a great friend to us all and forever will be missed. Family man dedicated to his wife, family,friends and snowmobiling.
Love ya Man RIP

• Staff

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Re: Fallen Angel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Albert, my dear friend, and fellow Ft. Sask. Fnow Angel........ I hope you're riding the steep and deep in the heavens, and enjoying a big stoggy that we have enjoyed in the past, and a fine glass of the best scotch.........R.I.P. Albert..........

Terry and Sherry and the rest of the Beck clan, my heart pours out for you...........

my son and I were supposed to be on that trip as well.....

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am utterly speachless.......Shocked, shocked Shocked!!!!

I had the opportunity to meet and speak with Albert on several occasions. He even ended up at my house once.

Deepest heartfelt sympathies to Alberts family and friends.

Horrible, horrible................................

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
goes to show. No amount of training or all the best equipment can save you from your destiny. I am a true believer that we all have an expiry dated predetermined by God. Had Albert not been on that mountain would he be alive today, probably not. Traffic accident, slip and fall in the bathtub, heart attack, who knows, It was his time. We should all take comfort in knowing that he went doing something he enjoyed.

My prayers go out to his family and friends. RIP Albert

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Albert was one of the nicest guy I have had the pleasure of meeting. He will be missed. He is proablly riding and smoking the big fat cigar in heaven right now. Albert my thoughts and prayers are with you. Also my thoughts and prayers to his wife and kids and the rest of the Beck family and friends through this tragedy.

RIP ALBERT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom