Avalanche Canada's Mountain Information Network

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please take a minute to watch this quick video from Avalanche Canada on how to use their new Mountain Information Network. This is a great tool to gather and share information relating to snowpack and riding conditions, especially if you frequent areas where data is sparse.

Please share and promote this App within your riding group. The more use it sees the better the end product.

https://vimeo.com/117457225

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Curtis for that good info. I ride Mcbride all the time and it could use more info like this as it's not a hotspot! Its funny how this post won't see many replies but the 2016 skidoo thread sees over 200 in a day about a the new release. :twocents:

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the post curtis, you always have good info on snow packs regarding the valemount area which most people appreciate

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Wow, great idea.
Now thats an app that is very useful and another added tool for our avalanche safety arsenol.

JONSHOW

Reaction score
This is a great tool to gather and share information relating to snowpack and riding conditions, especially if you frequent areas where data is sparse.

Please share and promote this App within your riding group. The more use it sees the better the end product.

https://vimeo.com/117457225

Thank you Curtis for posting this vimeo video link. This reply is really regurgitating what you said but I feel it's better than a "TTT" and I just wanted to throw my two cents in.
The mountain information network really needs the "buy-in" support from North Rocky riders (thx keith.a.jones, kakwa groomer and others!) and all users of our back-country.
Any and all information posted to it will enable us, the users of the North Rockies back-country to make more informed decisions about where and how we ride/play, and what our tolerance to risk for that particular day may be.
Any information provided can be helpful (photos, one line snow condition reports, evidence of past avalanche activity) and does not need to be a deep technical breakdown of the snowpack (although I imagine such breakdowns are highly valued and may be perused by the likes of James Floyer over at avalanche.ca to speculate and comment on in the North Rockies Report blog posts)

And although we dont have an official regional forecast yet, thanks to James Floyer, Tom Riley, Joe Lammers and company we get valuable information such as this:
Avalanche Canada

I encourage all users of the North Rockies to read the blog posts as they come out, lots of great information there.

Oh yeah, go download (or update!) the app if you don't have it already!

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Okay call me technically challenged.

I have a Blackbery (new from an ole flip phone) anybody know how to get these apps on this type of phone....Found the app but after that i am lost.....
Possible or only good for I phones..
Any help appreciated.

thanks

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Okay call me technically challenged.

I have a Blackbery (new from an ole flip phone) anybody know how to get these apps on this type of phone....Found the app but after that i am lost.....
Possible or only good for I phones..
Any help appreciated.

thanks

I don't believe it is available for BlackBerry

Top Bottom