Avalanche Awareness Day Sat. Jan. 10/09

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Here are some of the volunteers, didn`t get everyone some had to head down right away. Thanks everyone who did come out for us.

Jan. 2008 avy day 009.jpg

Thiery the Flying Frog and there is Smokey Pete on the harmonica, band was great and thanks to them also for donating the entertainment.

Jan. 2008 avy day 011.jpg

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey just wanted to give a quick shout to the AVY guys and gals for the weekend. My buddy picked up a DTS beacon at the auction after at the legion and basically stole it for what he paid....They were all very thankfull for the course offered at the cabin on the how to use the beacon and probe properly. Is there a chance of bringing this again to the hill?

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Cscherer you guys standing by the pizza when he bought it, Veedy, Jamie and i might have been sitting right by you.
Herbie told us last night there was $450 up top in donations and burger profit. Thanks. We`ll have $1175.
We had the event a few times a couple yrs. ago and then it got lost.
That`s why I was asking what everyone thought, sure everyone would like to see it happen yearly. Brent, the CAC and the volunteers did an amazing job, so much time and energy goes into something like this.
Want to know how to make it better and what stuck in your mind. I know I`m scared straight now.
The presentations (not that they weren`t gut wrenching) and auction (which was very successful $8500 was raised) took up so much of the evening that we lost people for the fun part of the evening.
Was only gonna take 1 more of those Begbie Beer and I was gonna bust er` out. :d
So we read our weekly paper yesterday and there is 3 pages of Avalanche Awareness Day up at RMR on the wknd. nothing about snowmobilers. :rant:

GRD

Reaction score
Are the guys in the second picture online? Couple of them look familiar.

Didn`t get lots of pics.
Here is Rudy waiting in the cabin while they buried you Dusty, it was her first snowmobile ride she shook for a while but then was ready to go. Heard they were burying a dummy. The ladies have been training the dogs since the spring down at the snowmobile club clubhouse. Great group the ladies and the dogs. :d

View attachment 14844

Here are some of our hamburger customers, we had happy burgers. So there was close to $300 in the donation boxes and hoping we made around $200 with the burgers so with the $500 donation from the club we should have around $1,000 to donate to the Sparwood families. Thanks everyone and thanks Veedy for making the posters. :beer:

View attachment 14845

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Yes, they are Scotty Too Hottie, XpVal and "Oh Henry!!!!!". That`s Herbie doin the burger thing and our friend and club member from the MoF Andrew.

A couple more groups that were up there that day and helped us out was Revy S&R and RSC`s Snow Patrol, thanks to them also. They went out twice, glad they were there with us to. Love those guys.

GRD

Reaction score
I went to high school with xp val's sisiter.... Thanks for posting names PP.

xp val

Reaction score
Thank you Travis, dont know if the wife will let me doo a back to back trip.:rolleyes: Sounds like a good ride.

Top Bottom