Avalanche Awareness Day Sat. Jan. 15/11

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
It`s that time again everyone.

Boulder Mtn. Sat. Jan. 15/11 come on up and brush up on your avy skills. Hope the party at the Legion goes ahead. Come and support the Canadian Avalanche Centre right here in Revy. See you there. :d

Plan is to have a poker rally with 4 stations on the mountain
Station 1 - Finding beacons
Station 2 - Rescue probing and shovelling
Station 3 - What's in your pack?
Station 4 - Snow pit
Station 5 - Legion after-party

BCA (tracker, etc...) would like to attend and do demos of airbags beacons and equipment
ABS would like to demonstrated airbags
Avalanche Safety Systems would like to demo airbags and other safety gear.

The Legion party if it goes ahead will start at 6 - we will be doing Pizza (by donation) and we will have two to three kegs of beer at modest price. There will be two short films and a very short fundraising auction of some sled gear. The auction will be maximum of a half hour.

We will ask the city if they will run the bus up and down Victoria for transportation to the local hotels - maybe?

Last edited:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Hello all,

This is an email update on what is happening January 15th on Boulder Mountain.

Day event January 15th 9am – 2pm: Poker Rally near the cabin with the roll of dice for each station. Have a four stations with beacons, probing, conveyor shoveling techniques and what’s in your pack. Ideally it would be nice to have these running from 9-11am and 1-2pm so we do not interfere with the New Boulder Cabin presentations and event.

Evening event January 15th 6pm – ?: Fundraiser auction and movies at the Regent Pub. We will have some food and drink specials, sled and ski movies as well as a live auction to raise funds for public avalanche safety.

I am under the believe or word of mouth that most of you folks may already be up at the cabin for the New Boulder Cabin activities. I am trying to rustle up a few more volunteers to help out the CAC with our stations and maybe transporting some folks up to help who do not have sleds.

The main purpose of this email is to get people to commit on showing up. I need to know the numbers! I also need to know if you have your own sled or sleds available to get yourself up there and a radio for communications.

Brent Strand - Publications and Properties Manager

Canadian Avalanche Association | 110 Mackenzie Ave. | Revelstoke, BC Canada | V0E 2S0
Phone: 250.837.2435 ext.225 | Fax: 250.837.4624 | bstrand@avalanche.ca | Welcome to avalanche.ca

Sure hope Brent is going to dress up for us. :d

Top Bottom