AV gas.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have two Jerry’s and half a tank in my sled...where else can this stuff be used? Lawnmower lol

I read it doesn’t have a good shelf life either :/

P.s my apologies for the slight thread jack, just got me thinking about all the extra I have

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have two Jerry’s and half a tank in my sled...where else can this stuff be used? Lawnmower lol

P.s my apologies for the slight thread jack, just got me thinking about all the extra I have

Don't put it into anything with catalytic converters, the lead will poison them.

I sometimes run mine through my jet boat, rzr, or chainsaw and weedwacker. I have also left it in my fuel tank and jerry cans all summer for the next winter with no ill effect. Contrary to popular belief AVGas is far more stable than pump fuel, it has to be, it's one thing if your engine quits on the highway, something totally different if the engine on a small plane quits at 10,000 ft. I just make sure I keep the cans well sealed so the lighter ends can't boil off during the summer.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The twin would have more torque. Torque wins races. Its the same with 4 strokes. I think a 1000 cc 4 stroke competes in the 600cc two stroke class.
Stock apex was 155hp stock viper or nytro was 130hp so yes the triple stock 4stroke was about a 600 but the 4 cylinder was about an 800

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 69 charger likes it.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you said I read it doesn’t have a good shelf life either :/ just the opposite. a friend that has 12 old sleds puts that in them and they all start right up next yr or 3 yrs later.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe that AV gas if sealed correctly has a pretty good shelf life. I always saw it stored out in the bush along landing strips for choppers, small planes with the drums on their sides and the date when filled on the drums. Need some pilots to chime in.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you run AV long enough and take off your headers, you will be surprised at how much lead drops out and stays in exhaust port and exhaust

Reactions: RGM

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't put it into anything with catalytic converters, the lead will poison them.

I sometimes run mine through my jet boat, rzr, or chainsaw and weedwacker. I have also left it in my fuel tank and jerry cans all summer for the next winter with no ill effect. Contrary to popular belief AVGas is far more stable than pump fuel, it has to be, it's one thing if your engine quits on the highway, something totally different if the engine on a small plane quits at 10,000 ft. I just make sure I keep the cans well sealed so the lighter ends can't boil off during the summer.

thanks Alex, I’ll just keep in Jerry’s then. My outty seems to only like crap fuel, perhaps I could throw some in my cbr...give it a little more pep lol

In the tank eh, I had a retired yami tech tell me that it eats up fuel lines etc, and that he always saw turbo sleds in the shop before the season began because av was left in them causing them to not start/idle like garbage.

Currently my sled has half a tank of boost juice/AV, I still plan on taking it for one or two more rides to get it dialed in for next season....or I may just run her on the stand with the hose running on the tunnel lol

Top Bottom