ATV tow mower ????

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the market for a ATV tow behind mower. Which brand is the best and why ?? Been doing some research on them on the " Internet" and don't know which one to buy. I would rather listen to some of you guys that use them. Let me know which one to look at ? Pros and Cons ?? Swisher ??? DR Power ???? Agri-fab ??? Any other brand ??
I want it to cut neglected grass. I probably won't be doing much brush-cutting (saplings) with it, just want it mainly for really tall grass. I don't have a small tractor (so no 3-point hitch stuff) and I don't want a walk-behind either.
Thanks and let me know !!!

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
In the market for a ATV tow behind mower. Which brand is the best and why ?? Been doing some research on them on the " Internet" and don't know which one to buy. I would rather listen to some of you guys that use them. Let me know which one to look at ? Pros and Cons ?? Swisher ??? DR Power ???? Agri-fab ??? Any other brand ??
I want it to cut neglected grass. I probably won't be doing much brush-cutting (saplings) with it, just want it mainly for really tall grass. I don't have a small tractor (so no 3-point hitch stuff) and I don't want a walk-behind either.
Thanks and let me know !!!

Know of a polaris for sale ........... pretty much brand new guy sold his acreage shortly after buying it and doesn't need it anymore. PM me and I can give you more info.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the Haban. and have sold quite a few, i think its the same as the agrifab just retagged, they work good, ifyou remember a few things,

- a they are designed to go the same speed as slow on a ridermower...which is like 1st gear on a std quad...the autos are a bit quick at low end... - i made mine work good by governing it down as if you go too fast it doesnt cut properly...

- b) if your in the tall grass you will want to make sure that your mower has adjustable deck height.(i think mines is able to go up about 4"- (rough cut) - and you need to go super slow.. you may have to do two or more rounds dropping the deck height as you go depending on engine size... as the blades need to spin like the devil well you go like slow like a turtle...

-c) engine size go with a minimum 12 hp, - and deck sizes are available from 48-72" imo i would opt to a 60 in...depending on the terrain as the bigger the deck, the more chance of scalping....on a larger deck if you have rolly terrain..

-d) finishing mower or rough cut....sounds like a rough cut is what you want, they are built tougher and dont do a really pretty job (ie not like a golf course) but they are still good.

- they are easy to get parts for too which is good. 60 " i think is about 2400 and the smaller ones around 1700 ... its been awhile since we sold any but they should be close numbers for you.....

good luck...

terry

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe I don't need a mower any more JUST MAYBE I need a rice cutter !!!!! :rant: ENOUGH RAIN ALREADY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

Just Kiddin !! Still shopping for a pull mower, keep the input coming as to what to buy !!! Phoned a guy about a DR Mower, they sure sound like the one to have but I wonder if they are worth the extra cash ???

Top Bottom