atv service

AC550

Reaction score
i am in need of getting my quad serviced and just wondering what would a going rate for atv service would cost i have never had it serviced yet and just dont want a shock when i go to pay for it

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$120 an hour plus oil and filter. If the valves need adjusting it could easily run to $250-300

AC550

Reaction score
thanks thats not to bad of a price for service i guess

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its just oil change do it yourself. Shell rotella t-6 full synthetic and a filter from napa. $20 total. Just make sure whatever oil you use is JASO-MA. Rated or wet clutch safe oil

Last edited:

AC550

Reaction score
if it was just oil i would do it myself but i need to get my valves adjusted and probably some other stuff as well

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
check it over carefully yourself first..... brakes are easy, and most other maintenance items are super easy..... valves yes take to a dealership......

make sure you are explicit with what you want them to do, and don't be afraid to phone around for price quotes.

AC550

Reaction score
yes everything other than the valves are easy as i have changed my brakes,cv joints and other things before but my spark plugs keep fouling so that why i am taking it to the dealer for service as i beleive the valves are causing the fouling hopefully

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you start and stop a lot ? As in short runs. Does it idle a lot? Very seldom does the 550 need a valve adjustment

Last edited:

AC550

Reaction score
not really but i had to change a plug on the weekend to move it and then i went to start it yesturday again to move it back to where i keep it and it had a bad back fire so i decided to check the plug again and it was already fouled so i was thinking maybe it needs a adjustment because i know when i bought the machine the sales guy said it might need a valve adjustment after so many hours/kms

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sounds more like a sensor. IAT sensor fools the ecu into thinking its still cold which could cause overfuelling and plug fouling. The tps is also a common problem that requires adjustment. If your not comfortable or don't have the right test equipment then it is best left to the dealer. Just tell them what it is doing and see what they say.

AC550

Reaction score
ok thanks i will when i book it in for service

Top Bottom