ATV Bans still in effect. May 11/09

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Just for your information the ATV Bans in Strathcona County and Sturgeon county are still effective. Please if your going to ride, there are other area's and be carefull we don't need to cause any issues.

An atv is:
ATV all-terrain vehicle: a vehicle with wheels designed to travel on rough ground

ATV definition
☆ ATV (ā′tē′vē)
noun pl.
a small, amphibious motor vehicle with wheels or tractor treads for traveling over rough ground, snow, and ice, and through shallow water

Sturgeon County

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
no ban in parkland....
no all out fire ban either, last i checked, no fire permits being issued, however burning ok in "approved" fire pits.....

got 100 fine last wednesday for no fire permit!!!! also had the neighbor call 911 and Devon Fire Dept came to put it out....woop. Fine is 1000 if there is an all out fire ban.

I believe the ATV ban was directly related to the fire ban in strathcona......

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
no ban in parkland....
no all out fire ban either, last i checked, no fire permits being issued, however burning ok in "approved" fire pits.....

got 100 fine last wednesday for no fire permit!!!! also had the neighbor call 911 and Devon Fire Dept came to put it out....woop. Fine is 1000 if there is an all out fire ban.

I believe the ATV ban was directly related to the fire ban in strathcona......

Strathcona and Stergeon have ATV bans, Lac.St.Anne county has a 100% fire ban but ATV's are still allowed...I think Lamont county will soon impose an ATV ban as well...the bruderhiem recreation area strattles lamont county and riders have been trying to access the area while firefighters are still trying to extinguish hot spots. The inlaws have had to replace the local traffic only barricades dozens of times over this past weekend.

Sycoe

Reaction score
Wetaskiwin and Leduc county signs have Full fire Ban signs posted below them. I am not sure if this also pertains to having fires within city limits or not.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ALL YOU SMOKER'S can be blamed for wild fires and then the fire bans that follow the fires. Majority of the wild fires in this province are related to some dumbazz smoker tossing their cigarette out the window while traveling down the roadway. Smoker's are the worst when it comes to littering. OH had enough of this cigarette.....FLICK.....
A good example of this is just look at the ground next Timmies drive thru you go through........

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
ALL YOU SMOKER'S can be blamed for wild fires and then the fire bans that follow the fires. Majority of the wild fires in this province are related to some dumbazz smoker tossing their cigarette out the window while traveling down the roadway. Smoker's are the worst when it comes to littering. OH had enough of this cigarette.....FLICK.....
A good example of this is just look at the ground next Timmies drive thru you go through........

Not quite sure what that has to do with fire bans or ATV bans.....but point taken....Damn smokers ALL OF THEM RIGHT....Back to the painting with the same brush....I smoke, I use ashrays (when possible, seems they have taken them all away) but apparently because I smoke I'm "ONE OF THEM"

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not quite sure what that has to do with fire bans or ATV bans.....but point taken....Damn smokers ALL OF THEM RIGHT....Back to the painting with the same brush....I smoke, I use ashrays (when possible, seems they have taken them all away) but apparently because I smoke I'm "ONE OF THEM"

yes.....yes you are....:d
Good thing you aren't a smoking ATVer.......Wait now.......

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay Okay....I was frustrated this morning after getting back from Nisku and wife was making me a little pissy as well. Sorry if I hurt your feelings Bogger.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great news....no atv bans in the lakeland area, bonnyville, cold lake or st paul, lots of trails, friendly people, plenty of mudholes, great trail rides.......

All welcome :):):)

terry

t&t power sports

bonnyville

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Okay Okay....I was frustrated this morning after getting back from Nisku and wife was making me a little pissy as well. Sorry if I hurt your feelings Bogger.

No worries cw, Bogger doesn't have feelers...:d

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are the trails by Crane Lake?

Top Bottom