U spelled exhaust wrong LMFAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I should have said was "look up stupid,do you see that?"
"thats the point of my comment going way over your head" LMFAO

You spelled U wrong,,,deeee:rolleyes:

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're not really assholes if they have a good reason to bitch!

This is my rant its just my opinion good or bad. Camped out on the point at Brazeau Dam weather was fantastic had a great time. Any ways we are at the cusp of having multiple riding areas shut down and or restricted and we just continue to pound nails in the coffin. I know I'm gonna get slaughtered for this but nothing is more offensive to non riders than an aftermarket exhaust without a quiet core and maybe a repack once a year. I am a fan of muzzy s and hmf s but please put in the core second I witnessed multiple bikes riding out of the provincial campground This makes us all look like crap we all know we need to be trailered out of campgrounds. And pick up the garbage guys I hate when offroaders get blamed for fires all the time u shouldn't be riding without a spark arrester it would shut these assholes up. We need to clean up our act a bit When the police stopped by these were they're complaints as well Our group was all good but I want to have places to ride for the next 50 years not pigeon holed in some atv park. JMO

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
U is short, an abreviation, like LMFAO not a spelling mistake We are going no where here, review the whole point of the post and try to come back with something that contributes

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U is short, an abreviation, like LMFAO not a spelling mistake We are going no where here, review the whole point of the post and try to come back with something that contributes

What is the point of this thread? Seems like another circle jerk of people saying Im perfect and everyone else is ruining it for me.

Quite exhaust,,spark arrestors,,, wow this isnt ground breaking stuff here,, Do you think none of this has been covered in the history of off road forums?

Now I realise you and most others wont understand my comment,maybe one day you will.
Im trying to get people to think outside the box when it comes to land use and what the real issues are. Not an easy task let me tell you.

You want some where to ride in 50years? Lisen to me: complaining about what others are doing is counterproductive. Dont want to here loud quads and bikes? Go camp at Banff.

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fun police at it again, nobody have fun, everyone do what they say, and everyone but these select few on here are wrong wrong wrong. Gimme a break, remind me to never go to a snowandmud get together, from the sounds of it, itll be gravel road riding in golf carts and everyone must wear a helmet and full gear top to bottom with no top speed higher than 20 mph, and only super quiet bikes can join in on all the fun, no beers at all either........ hahahahaha get real, evryone please stay away from me as Im out to have some fun and I might really ruin your day, and if your near me please wear some ear plugs, Id hate for you to hear what a bike is supposed to sound like. Just for you guys Im gonna find a way to make my bike louder

Last edited:

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the original poster was trying to make a point, not delegate what you can or can't do. Loud exhaust is an issue on public lands - and the people simply camping out (no ATV's) have as much right to be there as do we. The real issue is people riding around making as much noise as possible, thinking everyone should enjoy the sounds as much as they do - this applies to those who have super loud stereos, and loud pipes, regardless whether it is installed on a motorcycle, car, atv, etc. I do have louder exhaust on our sleds and motorcycles, but choose to ride conservatively around others - it's simply a matter of courtesy, and not adding fuel to the fire. Riding areas are being closed at an alarming rate due to trail damage, garbage, and noise pollution, no need to aggravate any further. Pack out what you brought in, and maybe even pick up trash that is found on the trails that isn't yours. Alcohol doesn't really mix with motorsports of any kind, and projects a poor image to the sport - save it for after the ride. If we don't act responsibly out there, eventually these areas will be taken away, and legislation will be put in place because of a "select few azzhats".

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get the gist... My tires are a little bigger than average, exhaust a little louder than stock however I don't gotta "look cool" in my sweats and rubber boots.... I try to ease up on the thumb (much as my clutch kit will allow) when cruising near non ATV'ers.
If your gonna be a crook, be a good one, don't publicize your bank robbing plans....and get caught.

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
Lil duke and Tmo please read the original post I mentioned riding out of a provincial park and quiet cores and spark arresters. Nothing else how did u gents turn this around into an attack by the fun police. I mentioned none of the activities u are concerned about, big tires , aftermarket exhausts, mudding, driving fast, these are all things we love to do Iam not quite sure how asking a few simple courtesies got to an attack by the fun police. Others may have commented on my post on what they feel is acceptable or not , just their opinion I guess but I have no concerns with fast riding, muddin or any related ATV activities. We do want to do our part to ensure we don't get the anti atvers up our ass at every turn there is the point of the post Thanks guys

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about this yesterday when Hoolie and I were out on our dirtbike ride. I'm quite certain that Dirtbkers, and Atvers weren't the ones leaving Grandmas old wooden console TV out in the bushes, and the multiple Bed Frames and weight sets and freezer ..... out there.. it would be Killer trying to transport a freezer on a dirt bike... unfortunately in one fell swoop we the users of the area get painted with a crap brush..... BUT.... here's the flip side.. If we post up pics of us cleaning UP other peoples crap... instead of bitching about the crap people left a Good name for users is the result... see where I'm getting with this.... Less Bitching.. more Pitching in... Post your pictures of US doing great stuff. Take a rake with you if you are staging.. rake up crap and glass... take a picture of it.. then we are sending out a positive message, rather than a crap message. Flooding with a positive image helps us.. Bitching about stupid people hurts us.... well, pretty much destroys us.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lil duke and Tmo please read the original post I mentioned riding out of a provincial park and quiet cores and spark arresters. Nothing else how did u gents turn this around into an attack by the fun police. I mentioned none of the activities u are concerned about, big tires , aftermarket exhausts, mudding, driving fast, these are all things we love to do Iam not quite sure how asking a few simple courtesies got to an attack by the fun police. Others may have commented on my post on what they feel is acceptable or not , just their opinion I guess but I have no concerns with fast riding, muddin or any related ATV activities. We do want to do our part to ensure we don't get the anti atvers up our ass at every turn there is the point of the post Thanks guys

I read your original post,, sorry for not noting the point of riding out of a provincial camp ground.Thats really a minor issue at best.

If you think loud exhuast, riding out of camps and even ripping up a few mud holes is why
we are going to lose all access to "wilderness areas" you're wrong.

Here is a story from my May long, this has 0 to do with any of my other posts or your comments so
keep that in mind:

We had a cop come to our camp with a complaint of a noisy quad,, We were
camped on friggen Rig Street...lol Loud quad, on May long, at Rig Street,,, you dont say...lmfao

I wish I new what idiot was complaining so I could talk some sense into them. I mean if your looking
for peace and quite on your long weekend I can respect that, but why the hell would you come
camp at a quading hot spot like rig street? There is TONS of places to camp where no quads or
bikes ext are aloud,, go there leave us the f#ck alone.

Last edited:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is is when someone suggests some common sense when it comes to loud exhaust and the public. You guys go all spider monkey, and I just don't get it. And if you think that loud exhaust is not giving a bad public image, then you are not listening. I am really getting tired of the little tantrums that people have when it is suggested to keep it down for the courtesy of all concerned. If you are waiting for laws to dictate your loud exhaust, just keep spouting.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read your original post,, sorry for not noting the point of riding out of a provincial camp ground.Thats really a minor issue at best.

If you think loud exhuast, riding out of camps and even ripping up a few mud holes is why
we are going to lose all access to "wilderness areas" you're wrong.

Here is a story from my May long, this has 0 to do with any of my other posts or your comments so
keep that in mind:

We had a cop come to our camp with a complaint of a noisy quad,, We were
camped on friggen Rig Street...lol Loud quad, on May long, at Rig Street,,, you dont say...lmfao

I wish I new what idiot was complaining so I could talk some sense into them. I mean if your looking
for peace and quite on your long weekend I can respect that, but why the hell would you come
camp at a quading hot spot like rig street? There is TONS of places to camp where no quads or
bikes ext are aloud,, go there leave us the f#ck alone.

I don't care where you go but if you feel the need for an obnoxious exhaust don't plan on riding around the other campers cracking on the throttle.
Can't stand the parking lot hero's who try and show everybody how loud their quad is or how fast they can ride past your camp. If you like your exhaust super loud pipe it into your helmet.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO Clubs could put effort at getting positive word about our sports out to the general public. I realize they are short on help and have a crap load of other things, but this is something that could make an impact in our sports, random words from individuals means zero...but coming from clubs there's legitimacy in it. They could be pushing things publicly showing the good power sports brings to our economy, health and well being. Show the positive side of the sport more...show club cleanups and events, show families...get more involved in the political side of things, but play the game not just show up at meetings and wah wah wah. We shouldn't hide from what we do with a 'nothing to see here' attitude, we should fess up and say 'ya, we want to mud' 'we want to rip up some land' and 'we have a right to have areas to use for this purpose'. Power sports is a big industry, and the off-shoots of it are huge for many communities. Let's make some noise about the positive we bring to communities, families and local business...and in this case, let's be as loud as we can. :D

I have to admit, although I'm 46 and female...the first thing I do to my ride is change the exhaust :rolleyes: If we use it responsibly I see no issues, if we bother others or braap inappropriately then we should be shunned. I'm guilty of loving the loud braaap of a sweet exhaust - it makes me smile, so sue me :p

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't care where you go but if you feel the need for an obnoxious exhaust don't plan on riding around the other campers cracking on the throttle.
Can't stand the parking lot hero's who try and show everybody how loud their quad is or how fast they can ride past your camp. If you like your exhaust super loud pipe it into your helmet.

Pretty sure I never advocated loud exhaust or cracking the throttle past campers....

Im done with this.. Bitch all you want... Maybe ill see you out west... Hopefully not tho...

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm suprised that it can suprise anyone that ATV's and bikes have a bad image........you just need to see the attitude out there...IT SUCK's.
You can only blame your self for lossing this battle, good luck on your bad rap.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went out quadding last weekend....No complaints about my get-torqed/npp "lil-nasty" exhaust...Because I was riding in the bush....

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
I like the Get Torqed stuff the problem is not way in the bush and I agree no one should complain out in the bush The problem is with individuals not in the bush and the bad rap it gives the rest of us Just something to think about

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
IMO Clubs could put effort at getting positive word about our sports out to the general public. I realize they are short on help and have a crap load of other things, but this is something that could make an impact in our sports, random words from individuals means zero...but coming from clubs there's legitimacy in it. They could be pushing things publicly showing the good power sports brings to our economy, health and well being. Show the positive side of the sport more...show club cleanups and events, show families...get more involved in the political side of things, but play the game not just show up at meetings and wah wah wah. We shouldn't hide from what we do with a 'nothing to see here' attitude, we should fess up and say 'ya, we want to mud' 'we want to rip up some land' and 'we have a right to have areas to use for this purpose'. Power sports is a big industry, and the off-shoots of it are huge for many communities. Let's make some noise about the positive we bring to communities, families and local business...and in this case, let's be as loud as we can. :D

I have to admit, although I'm 46 and female...the first thing I do to my ride is change the exhaust :rolleyes: If we use it responsibly I see no issues, if we bother others or braap inappropriately then we should be shunned. I'm guilty of loving the loud braaap of a sweet exhaust - it makes me smile, so sue me :p

first, we need organized clubs, not just a bunch of groups of people out riding on weekends, we need the numbers to show support, so that we can battle to keep area's open, or make designated trails.

Second, Momma's right, you can have a loud exhaust, but be respectful, if you're travelling past a group of campers, there is no reason to have your machine screaming as you go by, slow down, idle by, and not make tonnes of noise.

Third, Spark arrestors are quickly becoming a huge topic, some SRD people are checking for them and you CAN get a ticket for not having them.

Page 2..... "all OHVs on public land require:
-- Headlights & Taillights
-- Valid Insurance, Registration and a VISIBLE licence plate
-- Functional Muffler & Spark Arrestor"

Fourth, TMO please don't come to any of the Snowandmud.com events, you really seem to think we're all a bunch of "fun police" and are going to make you ride on gravel roads all over and not have any fun at all...... I don't know why you guys bash on us for trying to make sure that we have our sport for years to come? We as moderators/staff of snowandmud are involved highly with the government and we do attend meetings about issues of land use. You know that big petition surround the "south saskatchewan recreation plan" or have you ever heard of the "Lower Athabasca Recreation Plan"???? Do your research.... big brother is watching, while they'll probably not close down 100% of our riding, they can and will limit them.

TMO.... this video was made from footage at the Snowandmud ATV Jamboree 2 years ago...... I don't see much for gravel in here, do you? Snow & Mud Jamboree - YouTube

Fifth, Momma, you're right, we need to start doing the cleanups, showing that we as a group are out to better the community. In fact, I was super pumped to see the photo's you had put up from the T&T Tuesday Night rides where you guys picked up the garbage..... Is there an ATV club up in that area yet? why not? Folks, we're our own worst enemy, loud exhausts cause complaints from general public, people speeding by camps/houses etc, cause complaints from the general public..... When it comes to the government, the complaints of the 50 home owners are going to far outweigh our support of 10-15 people saying "but I always ride with respect and don't make loud noise".... It's a numbers game..... Use your heads......

Top Bottom