Atv and biker public image

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
This is my rant its just my opinion good or bad. Camped out on the point at Brazeau Dam weather was fantastic had a great time. Any ways we are at the cusp of having multiple riding areas shut down and or restricted and we just continue to pound nails in the coffin. I know I'm gonna get slaughtered for this but nothing is more offensive to non riders than an aftermarket exhaust without a quiet core and maybe a repack once a year. I am a fan of muzzy s and hmf s but please put in the core second I witnessed multiple bikes riding out of the provincial campground This makes us all look like crap we all know we need to be trailered out of campgrounds. And pick up the garbage guys I hate when offroaders get blamed for fires all the time u shouldn't be riding without a spark arrester it would shut these azzholes up. We need to clean up our act a bit When the police stopped by these were they're complaints as well Our group was all good but I want to have places to ride for the next 50 years not pigeon holed in some atv park. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well said. It is the same with sleds. A few ruin it for the many.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well said everyone needs to do part to keep he areas we have open for the future if you can pack it in you can pack it out
loud exhausts and no spark arresters are a big problem they should start sound testing and checking for approved spark arresters like they do in the states
The other big issue IMO is the use of some of these ridiculous mud tires with 1-1/2" to 2" + lugs all these are going to do is tear up chit and give the tree huggers more ammunition in the fight to shut us down

gerrit

Reaction score
i agree 100% , i dont know if anyone on here was at medicine lake last may long . but that was disgusting to see,i will never go there on a long weekend again .

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
then we all go to the site that says WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR QUAD TODAY you have to look in the back door before complaining about what came through the front door. if we were to police everything you stated in your post 1/2 off the people on this site would be in trouble including myself but life is like that there will always be someone that doesn't want to play by the rules.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Common sense goes a long way in my opinion. Many peeps here remind me of Momma from the movie "the water boy".. Momma says mud is the devil....

There is a right way and a wrong way of doing things no doubt. Are aggressive tires the devil? There are two sides to that coin.. the peeps who use an aggressive tread to crawl through sketchy situations not having to detour off the main trail resulting in minimal impact on the trail systems and the environment.. and those who let er rip hooliganism at it's best.. the latter being the minority in my opinion. There are azzhats in any sport, Dirt, mud, snow.. makes no difference. for us to alienate each other to me seems counter productive. Having a "Mud" section on a site invites posts of Mudding, yet is is an ambush type situation, where even the site's moderators jump on people posting.
Do we have to defend climbing chutes in the snow, to non shredders who chastise us about the dangers of an avalanche.
Do we have to continually reassure people we are not digging mud machines to the pit of hell releasing the demons who will in turn take over the earth? We are on a trail consisting of mud in an allowed area.
Do we deserve the stink eye riding dirt bikes from those who consider any power sport the devil???
Turning on each other and outing and lecturing not cool.. profiling what is acceptable, and how to create a positive public image to me would be more productive.

Recently participating in an ATV rally in Saskatchewan it was laid out so clear. The land utilized was a First Nations territory. Many talks discussing this event were had with the Elders of their community. Coming down to rubber tires filled with air, and the land healing. This Epic Mud Rally's course was laid out by One of the Thunderchild band members, who was proud to participate. Some of the moneys raised would go to a new daycare.

I would suggest a bit more of a pro active type of mentality. Everything can be done respectfully. We are a target for nay sayers who have an agenda that is bigger than mud, and sound restrictions. Quite simple there are people who want no motorized sports whatsoever. Do we crater into a conformist type of mentality, allowing them to dictate what we can and can not do, or do we gain some momentum, respect and viability focusing on what the sports we choose to love add to our lives, community, economy, and quality of life.

We can participate in "talks" with the powers that be till the cows come home, but as in the Caribou talks we've been involved with before, there are specific agendas on the minds of peeps who feign an impartial stance.
We need to profile ourselves in a positive light instead of continually jumping down each other's throats.
In the mud section, I for one, am hesitant to post anything now, which I think is wrong. Mudding can be done ethically and responsibly. In each thread as of late there jumps in "the voice of reason" reminding us of the evils of some.
How about focusing on the good? Flooding with positive exposure. If that can not be done, then remove the mud section all together. There is no sense setting people up for failure. Like some sort of internet ambush. Let's see your mud pics so we can tell you how horrible you are. Lets see your snow pics so we can tell you how stupid you are for putting your life in danger .. stupid sledders. Lets see your dirt bike so we can remind you that dirt bikes are loud and obnoxious.
We are good people, but the majority of the content is turning negative, and we are reminded that "big brother is watching".. you know what.. good. Watch us contribute to our community, watch us contribute to the sport, contribute to the education of our youth for safety and skill. Watch us support each other, and watch us get our azzes off the couch, away from video games and net flix to spend time with each other. Watch us encourage youth to do the same. Teenagers simply LOVE motor sports.. plain and simple. I am going to help an awesome guy out here who has a youth camp that incorporates atv ing.. we talked about how some of the members of this youth camp think atvs are horrible, but fact remaining that is what is bringing the kids in. Having day braaap camps for these kids.. encouraging youth to work hard, save money and buy a bike is way better than watching them fall through the cracks of society. This is what needs to be profiled. Epic family time enjoyed out in nature. Youth excelling at these sports. It's like kids and dogs... Kids and bikes/sleds go together. Quality time spent for our family is enjoying powersports.
Big Brother is watching.. good.. I think we should give big brother something GOOD to watch, not compromising our integrity for fear of "losing". More can be accomplished through a pro active positive attitude than fear and negativity in my opinion.

Think before you chastise and if you truly care about Snow/Dirt/Mud... profile the positive continually instead of flooding with negativity. Negative and destructive people are everywhere... we get it.. but I really really really would like people to get active profiling the positive or we will continue to implode. It is not our negative actions that are putting our sport in jeopardy, it is the lack of positive pro active public image that is destroying and alienating us from each other.
Pierceland Haunted House Rally... Raising money for a Daycare, Fire Truck, Defibrullator, ............................

Quality Family time

QT Date time

My sweetie Leo Learning the value of hard work and responsibility

The discovery Channel Live and in person.......... creepy frogs!!

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
Iam not attempting re invent outdoor activities nor suggest we all drive golf carts with smooth tires just some respect and accountability I just want the sport to remain and give the Anties less ammo And I do have tires with almost 1.4" lugs but I don't feel the need to destroy every chunk of swamp or muck I can find just havin some fun

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
Your post is well written with good points. Keep in mind it was a rant we are all free to express and I only pointed out small improvements/suggestions. Iam also hoping it will do 2 thing. 1. If somebody reads this they may think twice about something that may impact the sport negatively. 2. If any of the people who perform some of these acts in the past. ( including myself) it may sway their actions in the future. And we definately should focus on the positive aspects of our sport, thanks for the reminder and our group is family and friends as well

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your post is well written with good points. Keep in mind it was a rant we are all free to express and I only pointed out small improvements/suggestions. Iam also hoping it will do 2 thing. 1. If somebody reads this they may think twice about something that may impact the sport negatively. 2. If any of the people who perform some of these acts in the past. ( including myself) it may sway their actions in the future. And we definately should focus on the positive aspects of our sport, thanks for the reminder and our group is family and friends as well

You have very valid points for sure. I am a pretty out spoken person.. when I see douchebags littering in areas we enjoy.. I'm the person who is in yer face kind of thing .. giving them back their garbage... people can be epically stupid.. I really really really want for peeps to post up the positive. I like your rant... and I like mine!! haa haa!

Off to zoom up some dirt with my son! Have an awesome day!

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with everything except for the loud exhaust portion. We are in the bush, doing what we like to do. If someone CHOOSES to be offended by my exhaust that's a personal problem. Let's face it, 100ft away you can barely hear any sort of loud exhaust. I do run a spark arrestor and encourage everyone else to, we don't need forest fires. But I am tired of "quiet exhausts" because some nutsack decides he doesn't like the sound of my quad.

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
Unfortunately u are not always in the bush I run an aftermarket exhaust with the quiet core and spark arrester and Iam under 95 decibals this is an argument neither u nor I will agree upon today my friend. Iam ok with that.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When am I not in the bush?

I am not trying to make you agree with me. I am just starting to get annoyed because I play by the rules the best I can, picking up garbage ect ect. But now I can't even have a loud exhaust...Where does it end?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your all a Bunch of "Hells Angels" on dirt I tell you!!! Hooligans that need to be dealt with!!:realmad:

The Wilderness should be a place for the elite to live and tour around in helicopters.
The rest of you should be too tired from working 18hours a day to worry
about such things....

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
even the exhaust thing comes down to common sense. Hooter and I just got back from our ride. The trail to the play place has a few homes on it. Leo decided to crack the throttle on his bike.. a Loud braaap resounded.. I stopped him and said.. dude... homes are here enjoying nature.. when passing peoples homes remember not to crack your throttle.. he said.. OO Yup ok mom.
we go slow past homes so as not to kick up dust.
the kids were privy to me hosing down some hooligans when they decided to race their quad past our home a few years back. They were absolutely out of control, kicking up dust, and putting my kids and pets in danger. I knew they had to come past the house again as it was a dead end road.. so I hosed them down with water, then chased them down to remind them to tap er cool when passing peoples homes.... never again did they do that... and my kids understand the importance of manners when riding..
common sense.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Besides the obvious dont tear up creeks, etc, the easiest things to do for PR is pack out all garbage, don't rev your loud pipes right next to the campground, and don't tear up the mud where you can be seen from the window of a Subaru.
As much as you may think, the chicks at that campsite are not saying "that's so cool when that guy in the rubber boots and sweat pants revs er up when he runs back and forth with his blown out exhaust!"

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
Well put and other than being annoyed u need to deal with the fact most find blown out exhaust systems over the top

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
Lilduke must be your lil IQ talking every time anyone mention reigning in our conduct just a bit the " yup we are all just rednecks an hooligans" **** come out to deflect the issue and change the subject of what's really going on I love riding and I love muddin hill climbing going through skeg and swamp. I don't own a helicopter and Iam not part of societies elite so spare me

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lilduke must be your lil IQ talking every time anyone mention reigning in our conduct just a bit the " yup we are all just rednecks an hooligans" **** come out to deflect the issue and change the subject of what's really going on I love riding and I love muddin hill climbing going through skeg and swamp. I don't own a helicopter and Iam not part of societies elite so spare me

LMAO,,, Im just goona leave this one be:rolleyes:

Yep loud exuast is annoying,,, thank you captain obvious....lol

Top Bottom