• DSC01099.jpg
    DSC01099.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 721
  • DSC01105.jpg
    DSC01105.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 721

Manatee

Reaction score
Looks like you boys found lots of good snow out there. I won't be in the pass until mid Feb. so hoping everything is even better by then.

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Atlas on Thursday. Got the truck and trailer stuck in concrete on the way up the hill. Dug ourselves out for about an hour before we were able to move. Plow came uo the road and pulled us out the rest of the way. Snow was blown in and set like concrete. Plow driver said he had cleared the road the day before and they hadn't gotten any new snow.

Rode to the cabin and Basin. Snow wasn't great but not bad in the trees. Tried to head Norh of the cabin but did not manage to get too far. Mostly wind swept and not really sure where to go. From there we headed back South to Window. Was getting late in the day so I figured we would play around a bit in the trees and then head home. Of course both of us got stuck and to make a long story short....got back to the truck around 6:30. Snow was about 5' deep in the trees as I know when I stepped off dropped 4' and wasn't touching the bottom.

Not great i-phone pics and none of my stuck as I was too busy digging, pulling, digging, swearing!!!

Attachments

• Work 225.jpg
    Work 225.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 571
  • Work 226.jpg
    Work 226.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 573
  • Work 227.jpg
    Work 227.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 563
  • Work 236.jpg
    Work 236.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 562
  • Work 237.jpg
    Work 237.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 564

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Rode Atlas on Thursday. Got the truck and trailer stuck in concrete on the way up the hill. Dug ourselves out for about an hour before we were able to move. Plow came uo the road and pulled us out the rest of the way. Snow was blown in and set like concrete. Plow driver said he had cleared the road the day before and they hadn't gotten any new snow.

Rode to the cabin and Basin. Snow wasn't great but not bad in the trees. Tried to head Norh of the cabin but did not manage to get too far. Mostly wind swept and not really sure where to go. From there we headed back South to Window. Was getting late in the day so I figured we would play around a bit in the trees and then head home. Of course both of us got stuck and to make a long story short....got back to the truck around 6:30. Snow was about 5' deep in the trees as I know when I stepped off dropped 4' and wasn't touching the bottom.

Not great i-phone pics and none of my stuck as I was too busy digging, pulling, digging, swearing!!!

It was really windy when we were out there,,the road was drifted in as well...Nice pics though

topomountain

Reaction score
Rode atlas yesterday. Went across Dead Mans Pass and up To Cutblocks in Race Horse Pass. Snow was great for the Pass 1 ft of fresh on top of a solid base. Some Naturally Occuring sluff slides in higher elevations on the steeper slopes. Overall a great ride.

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok need some help thinking of riding Atlas. Where do you go once you turn off hiway 3? Thanks

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
From Coleman, drive west until you see the Gas Plant on the south side of the highway. Across from the Devon Gas Plant there is a big blue Recreation Sign. Take that right hand turn onto the "Allison Creek Road". Follow the road for 5.5 km. straight to the staging area (2.5 km. down this road you will cross a cattle guard and there will be a fork in the road – take the right fork up the hill to the staging area). If you have 4 wheel drive you should probably be locked up before crossingthe cattle guard. Staging area will be on the right side of the road. The road probably is not plowed past the staging area, so you can ride it up to the North shelter. The Crow Snow Riders have maps of the North and South trails on their website including GPS coordinates. Here is a link to the website.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the famdamily out Sat and sun to Atlas...trails are in great condition....at least close to the parking lot....we never get more than 10kms from the parking lot....put put put. Still had a great time with enough snow to tree ride.

Learned I'm too heavy to be "tree riding" a short track bravo...snapped a tow rope trying to pull it out. Note...when you tie a supercharged apex to a stuck sled something is gunna give. Goodthing my wife was wearing her helmet :eek:

Top Bottom