atlas riding conditions

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
tough being a rookie doo rider, Doug!!! I'll have to learn from you pro's!!!

I was out with snopro on Friday..............now there is a "pro doo rider"! All the deep snow in the Rollling Hills and he never got stuck once and wasn't into any trees. His sled was as shiny when he got back as it was when he started. I still looks like it came out of the crate.....OMG!

IMG_2868.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was out with snopro on Friday..............now there is a "pro doo rider"! All the deep snow in the Rollling Hills and he never got stuck once and wasn't into any trees. His sled was as shiny when he got back as it was when he started. I still looks like it came out of the crate.....OMG!

View attachment 167761
It wasn't from a lack of you trying to get me in trouble there buddy! Thanks for the tour and hope I can get back soon enough that I don't forget where all your secret stashes are located. HaHa!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It wasn't from a lack of you trying to get me in trouble there buddy! Thanks for the tour and hope I can get back soon enough that I don't forget where all your secret stashes are located. HaHa!

Those stashes were a secret but over the last couple of years there has been too many tracks into the area. People are like cows and like to follow the trail(s) into those places............but I have found some more!

It was a great day and I will work on a little video today.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks to shinny ken you need dr gadget to rough it up a little for you

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jez, Kenny I thought being that your a nascar fan you'd enjoy a little rubbing in the corners, or were you just sandbagging till the homestretch? Give me a heads next time your going that way for a scoot, we could relive the pincher creek cross country!!! lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jez, Kenny I thought being that your a nascar fan you'd enjoy a little rubbing in the corners, or were you just sandbagging till the homestretch? Give me a heads next time your going that way for a scoot, we could relive the pincher creek cross country!!! lol
HaHa I still get mad about my.....lets have a hot dog by the bonfire racing buddies!:rolleyes:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Dying to get out this year, our snow conditions in SK have been awful all winter. Where about is atlas? Is it newbie rider safe? I'm wanting to take my girlfriend with me for a trip but i don't want her to be too scared to go anywhere. Looking for something easy to get to, no avi risks, and family friendly.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dying to get out this year, our snow conditions in SK have been awful all winter. Where about is atlas? Is it newbie rider safe? I'm wanting to take my girlfriend with me for a trip but i don't want her to be too scared to go anywhere. Looking for something easy to get to, no avi risks, and family friendly.
Lots of easy trails to ride in there. I would suggest picking up a trail map before you go out.

The Quad Squad has developed a printed trail map for the area north of highway 3. This map is unique in that it shows all known closures, private land, and a collection of trails provided by Quad Squad members' own GPS tracks.
Measuring 22" x 28", printed on waterproof / tear-proof paper, the map folds down to 7" x 4".
Sells for $10 + GST + postage, proceeds go to the Quad Squad for trail maintenance and bridging.
Available to buy from the following locations:

• Fas Gas - Frank
  • Mohawk Husky - Hwy 3 Coleman
  • Stop Inn Motel - Hwy 3 Coleman
  • Beaver Mines General Store - Beaver Mines
  • Crockett's Trading Post - Bellevue
  • Crowsnest Pass Quad Squad Office 8342-19 Ave., Coleman
  • Club (2nd Friday of each month)
  • Wherever the Quad Squad display is set up
Atlas Staging Area | Quad Squad

Don't forget to buy a trail pass.

Last edited:

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well another good day went in from Dutch chained up did not get the truck very far but that's ok got more seat time met Coleman's finest at the shelter ( RCMP ) checking things out they are riding poo 800's this year guess they look ok with there own wrap and ride and blue lights went north towards tornado snow was deep and heavy had a newbie with and there was lots of shovel time heard lots of avy activity back there including a large boomer witch was probable a 3 or better did not go up to investigate though had enough fun time in the cut blocks and trails things will be moving and shifting down there all week so be carefull will post up some pics tomorrow

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to head down on Sunday for a little look will post up the info

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bring your snorkel was right on the money went in from dutch got as far as the entrance pushed well over bumper deep with the truck and was at least 31\2 to 4 deep every where on the road went about 15 k in then buds 14 x quit no sparky no go at times on the drive down was reading -35 on the mirror it was dam cold and dam deep next week end will be a blast sorry no pic too cold for the camera

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only pics I took

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 418
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 418

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and that is where you stayed? Too cold for thus dude.......brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I have a hearty sole after unhooking the trailer and getting the truck un stuck I did have some fun glad I put pull starts on the sleds because the e tec won't start on the battery at -35 and it sure takes more than 2 pulls when the Gord only comes out 3 "

CdnGolfer

Reaction score
Hubby and I are heading down Saturday. Hopefully the warm weather doesn't mess with the snow.

Top Bottom