Atlas 2016/2016 Riding Conditions

TryHonesty

Reaction score
Gotta get this started, any Crowsnest locals been out to Atlas yet? Anybody been out? Wanting to go this weekend and need the info. Free beer to first good info! Bring the snow!

Here is late last season to get you excited.
20150328_161653_Small.jpg

Last edited:

lightweight

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Locals were at atlas today. I'm told they pushed powder all day. They plan on riding the next 3 days . It has been snowing and raining. This time of year it's a crap shoot .

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting good snow down there Doug?

Next week is my cousin's birthday and we're trying to decide between Fernie and Golden. I know Golden has been getting pounded but two of the accompanying sleds aren't really long tracks and I'm more concerned with them having fun than epic deep snow for myself.

TryHonesty

Reaction score
Locals were at atlas today. I'm told they pushed powder all day. They plan on riding the next 3 days . It has been snowing and raining. This time of year it's a crap shoot .

Where are you located lightweight? How shall we get some fermented barley goodness into your gub?

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if the trails are good enough for a break in ride thanks

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went to check out atlas today the trail in was solid ice and the snow was waist deep on a dachshund!

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's still a little early guys snow in forecast for this week might be ok next week end

I will post in the other thread if I go in from Dutch next week end

waist deep on a husky would be better

TryHonesty

Reaction score
Rode Sunday, trail in is decent, near staging area its getting pretty icy especially towards the end of the day. Rode to Window and there is snow but still skinny. Checked out the back bowls and found a rear view of The Window. We climbed to the top of one of the back bowls to find the wind has totally pushed all the snow off the top and is down to the bare grass. Pictures of come.

Does anybody know how to get up to Dead Man's Pass? Is that the route to the BC side or is it somewhere else?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Rode Sunday, trail in is decent, near staging area its getting pretty icy especially towards the end of the day. Rode to Window and there is snow but still skinny. Checked out the back bowls and found a rear view of The Window. We climbed to the top of one of the back bowls to find the wind has totally pushed all the snow off the top and is down to the bare grass. Pictures of come.

Does anybody know how to get up to Dead Man's Pass? Is that the route to the BC side or is it somewhere else?

I'm thinking Race Horse and North Fork. Pretty skinny in the lower reaches down off North Fork. We were at the entrance to Race Horse (on the BC side) last week and the road was rideable.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
going in from dutch on sat fernie will let u know how the ab side is

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you buy a trail pass and a map it has all the trails listed

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The club used to sell a spanky worn all the trails. ... super handy.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom