AST 1 for snowmobilers in Fernie

teddybear26x

Reaction score
[h=2]
icon14.gif
AST 1 for snowmobilers in Fernie[/h]
I hope there are a few people out there that need or want to get there AST 1 course done. I am signed up for this and I am getting really excited to do so. I have had to re-arranged my work schedule so I could take this course. Now they are telling me there is only 4 people signed up to take the course and will probably get cancelled or re scheduled in late january or February if they don't get enough people. They said they need 8 but might swing it with only 6. They will make the decision on Friday.
The course and field day is $135. Mon Tues Wed night Dec 12-14 from 7-9:30 and a full day in the field on Saturday the 17.
Please get someone you know or yourself to sign up for this. I really really want and need to take this course and this will most likely be the only time as my workload increase January-March will not have time.
Thanx a lot you guys
Here is the Link for the course

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is 4 of us signed up for the course in Fernie for Jan. 7 and 8th? Did not know they were doing one in Dec.

teddybear26x

Reaction score
which course were you taking? who was putting it on? I can't find anything in January from the college, only the normal AST 1 course. This is a snowmobiling specific course. So the field day is sledding into the back country, not spending more money on a lift pass to go up the ski hill.
I don't have any touring gear anyways so I couldn't go. Guess I'll find out tomorrow when they call me to say if they got more people or not.

Last edited:

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zacstracs! For snowmobilers and the field day is Sunday unloading at coalcreek and spending the day digging pits and checking snow conditions, no ski hill! Call Dawn or Laurie at 403-804-3886.

teddybear26x

Reaction score
Yeah I thought it was zacstracs. The one I'm doing is put on by the college of the Rockies. It's their new snowmobilers AST 1 course. It's all good, just got a call from them and the course is a go. Thanx you guys. See you in the boonies :D

Reaction score
Hi i am signing up to do it at the last minute. Anyone from out of town looking for accommodation. I can offer a deal for a king room in my Bed and Breakfast. Usually $100 for a single but i can offer $85 per night plus HST. Give me a ring 250 531 0080. Ian

Top Bottom