assault track problem

t-bomb

Reaction score
Any one else have lugs rip clean off?? Just out this weekend and at last count there were 6 missing.

Well I guees too the dealer and see what is covered

mattmedic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one else have lugs rip clean off?? Just out this weekend and at last count there were 6 missing.

Well I guees too the dealer and see what is covered
mine are still all good, what were you doing when you lost them, speed, climbing in minimal snow,ect.... dont think warranty will cover your track, but good luck:)

t-bomb

Reaction score
done on a groomed trail going up to silent pass with scratchers down. I was going around 60mph with spurts to 75 (my max on the speedo read 79) but not for that long just trying to see what my new sled can do. They should cover it because it is not from abuse only 100miles total on the track. that would be lame and you would think a "competition track" can hold up to your Sat riding with friends. I personally think it's a defect in production.

t-bomb

Reaction score
Then why make the sled go faster that the track will take?

saskboy

Reaction score
I was out riding last weekend on a mixture of groomed and untouched meadows and I lost 16 lugs on the left side and 2 on the right side with the middle ones still on perfect. it is pretty dissapointing that it fell apart with the nice riding and weather right now but I guess the track lasted longer than some expected it to (1500 miles on it now). I ordered a challenger extreme 2.5 so I am hoping to have a good powder machine when i get it back together next week.

GooD luck with warranty

t-bomb

Reaction score
I guess I should enter any "competitions" unless it requires a slick for drag racing....not impressed with it for sure. My impression is the track is JUNK

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seen three come into us this year with lugs ripped off. polaris won't warrenty it because they track is not designed to go over 70mph. they way these lugs are ripping off are from signs of high speed use. all the ones we have seen are all ripped off the left side.

t-bomb

Reaction score
props to Mountain Toys they are stepping up when Polaris said no

assaultbear

Reaction score
550 bush/prairie/hills miles on mine. Only issue so far is constant adjustments to keep from ratcheting. Got so loose mid ride once, no brakes! Adjust and good to go again. Out first Sat in March at Turtle Mtn Mb in table top deep snow and no stucks all day. The two Renegades and the GT were stuck all day! Fun to go past them and make the trail out.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up a non-current 2010 Assault this weekend Dealer said avoid sustained high speed or the lugs will tear off. Owners manual says the same. Didn't buy for a lake racer or a trail sled...that's what the Yamaha Attank is for.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=Ryeser;931894]It is the type of track dumba$$! :nono:

Nice suspension on those 670's:confused:![/QUOTE]

:lol2:

t-bomb

Reaction score
got the powder track on now and works way better! not even sure why they make the ditch witch track. dude with a 2011 assault 155" was still stuggling with the thing trenching out this weekend.

I guess if your going to enter in a competition you'll need it...lol

Top Bottom