Assault Clutch Issue

Reaction score
Hello all. I had some bad luck this weekend, my first time to the moutains ever! While burning up the trail to clamida in valemount I noticed the sled did not want to idle and powered out when I let off the gas. Upon further inspection it was found to be the clutch not fully dis-engaging ! Has any one else had this issue? I know these clutches are usually bullet proof , bad bushing from factory? maybe got to hot and swelled up just enough to cause me to have to rent a doo for the next day. Strike one for the 2012 otherwise there is no better handling sled out there:d . I am hoping Polaris will cover under warranty , dealer sounded kinda unsure as " the clutch is a wear and tear part" with 300 km on it I sure hope I am not rebuilding every 300 km!

prairie rmk

Reaction score
Ya most likely broken primary spring. SLP blue/pink spring is much more reliable and only costs around $30. You can change it without taking the clutch off. Just remove the large center bolt and then back out the 6 cover bolts evenly and swap springs. Just don't forget to torque the large center bolt when you are done

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont even have to loosen center bolt to pull cover- well i havent anyway

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've broke the stock black Polaris and the SLP blue/pink within the 900mi mark on my 2012. I'm back to the stock Polaris with 250mi on this one. But hey there's no problem! At least that's what Polaris says. Check Snowest there is a lot of guys who have broke multiple springs also, both stock and aftermarket. No answers yet!

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Over 900 miles on mine and still on the original spring. I've heard of the issues...so I carry a spare spring just in case

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My assault did that at about the same mileage. just had to adjust belt deflection.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at around 300km on my 2012 pro rmk 800 my primary spring snapped. Very common. I'm running the SLP blue/pink and the last 500km have been fine.

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dealer put in shim kit into my clutch. They just put the shims in at ether end of the spring, and they said this would solve the problem. Time will tell.

Reaction score
Update, Dealer called and said that when they removed the bolt to pull the clutch it broke in half! Warranty work being done.

Top Bottom