Arrival Date?

Champagne powder

Reaction score
Fernie did you get a 2013 summit from Mr R's? If so I'm just wondering if you got anything ie cover, belt thrown in on the deal? I ordered a 2013 summit 163 for $13,679.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Fernie did you get a 2013 summit from Mr R's? If so I'm just wondering if you got anything ie cover, belt thrown in on the deal? I ordered a 2013 summit 163 for $13,679.

I haven't really dickered yet. That is a good price.

I have covers from my previous machines and I ordered mine with electric start. Haven't even thought about it yet to be honest.

Champagne powder

Reaction score
Well it snowed in Cranbrook today!! The mountains around are starting to look a little winter :)
Think I'll phone Mr R's and see when my beauty is expected to be in. Like to add a few things before it gets cold.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of us prefer the old school pull rope over your extravagant capitalist west ways (electric start haha). No In all real honestly, I'd rather have the pull rope, its always one pull to start and I dont have to worry about a battery dying or something stupid like that.

I'm doing both..... Ordered electric start with my '13 and will install recoil once sled shows up.... That way I still got a clean panel instead of having a gaping hole in it.... AND if battery goes dead.... I can pull if need be.... Ive always been a pull start guy too... But since this is my FIRST brand new buy... Figured Id spoil myself a bit.... And hey, if I don't like the extra what 10 pounds.... Ill pull E-start and keep recoil handle under the cover...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Some of us prefer the old school pull rope over your extravagant capitalist west ways (electric start haha). No In all real honestly, I'd rather have the pull rope, its always one pull to start and I dont have to worry about a battery dying or something stupid like that.

I bet you have evolved with your automobile and there is only e-start on it. They put that crank away decades ago!

Snow machines are finally catching up to cars, boats, street bikes, and quads.

I've had e-start for years and never have had to replace the battery nor has it gone dead.

Push the button and go........sure is sweet.........and push another button and it goes into reverse!!! lol

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doug for some of us the extra 22lbs for the electric start is not worth the ease... it seams the single pull everytime to start the etec is worth the reward of the extra weight it adds... but there is always times i wish i had estart... but not many...lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
doug for some of us the extra 22lbs for the electric start is not worth the ease... it seams the single pull everytime to start the etec is worth the reward of the extra weight it adds... but there is always times i wish i had estart... but not many...lol

Hahaha......I'm not a big tough farm boy and that 1 pull start of the Etec's IMHO is BS. Both my wife and I had trouble starting those demo's last year with one pull. I could say that almost never did they start with the "infamous" 1 pull.

My strong arm is the left one and that doesn't make it easy. She is not a weakling by any stretch of the imagination. ES is a beautiful option when one gets to the Golden years..........we deserve it right!!!

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doug, if you would sponsor me I would be willing to install ES on both my XMs, keeping the recoil for backup. I request lightweight batteries please.

Thank you,

Boyd

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a Doo guy but those demo's at Carls were not one pullers. I dont know if it was cause they were being rode continiously and were heat soaked or what in all that powder but most of the time mine was starting on the second pull.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well for the eturbo the one pull has been 90 percent of the time, there might be times it takes a second, but nothing like the ptec that can take up to 5 times on a cold morning to start... i might feel the same as youin a few years, just not smart enought yet...

Stupid4toys

Reaction score
I was told that they were going to be in at the end of October. That's here in Dawson Creek. That's fine don't really want mine till we get some good snow to ride on.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to my dealer, still looking like early to mid November. As they told me in March... come on, where are my sleds!?!?!?

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet you have evolved with your automobile and there is only e-start on it. They put that crank away decades ago!

Snow machines are finally catching up to cars, boats, street bikes, and quads.

I've had e-start for years and never have had to replace the battery nor has it gone dead.

Push the button and go........sure is sweet.........and push another button and it goes into reverse!!! lol

Only difference is with my vehicle i dont go miles into the back country either... I trust pull start because it works and my last etec was 100% first pull, even after rolled it a couple of times haha. Will i use e-start eventually? Sure but probably not i'm old and complain that pull start is too hard, or that my tennis elbow and arthritis is too painful to pull start. Haha

I'm not pointing any fingers though *cough cough* haha Jk

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is with all the posts on E-start not being reliable and weighing 22lbs. JMO, It still comes with a pull rope and there is no way that a ring gear, starter and battery weight that much. oh ya and the two feet of #6 wire.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is with all the posts on E-start not being reliable and weighing 22lbs. JMO, It still comes with a pull rope and there is no way that a ring gear, starter and battery weight that much. oh ya and the two feet of #6 wire.

No it doesn't and yea it is that heavy. I can't imagine having an Etec with electric start. So pointlesS

Top Bottom