Argyll's dropping Cat

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
haha your correct. haven't been out this season yet. crappy snow conditions mang. too bad you moved the wife and i really enjoyed our day of riding.
I've made some great friends riding and all of them aren't Doo riders. Friendship goes beyond brand of sled/truck/car/etc. I have missed all the trips with the people we met over our years in the Elk Valley. The past two winters out here, the snow hasn't been consistent enough to get out as much as I would like to.

Talked to a buddy in the Elk Valley yesterday and apparently the good snow is at the north end (Elkford).

rhody605

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw this coming.

I needed a replacement tether. Phoned argyl they had one. Went there picked it up and said I wanted to order another one as a backup. The parts desk lady said no. I won’t order that.

I asked why. She said I don’t want to... very rude.

I was confused and said I had ordered parts a couple weeks ago with no problem.

She said. I don’t want to get into it.

I took my part and said I won’t be back.

Could have just said sorry we aren’t ordering from cat now.....

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have to assume that her hands were tied. The staff had likely been told what was happening but also told that they could not say anything prior to the company’s announcement. For all we know they all had to sign NDA’s. Perhaps she was just pissed to have to be stuck in the middle and not be able to just be up front and honest which could just be the way she lives her life. Chitty deal all around, but I would like to think that she likely wasn’t just being a bish just cause.

I saw this coming.

I needed a replacement tether. Phoned argyl they had one. Went there picked it up and said I wanted to order another one as a backup. The parts desk lady said no. I won’t order that.

I asked why. She said I don’t want to... very rude.

I was confused and said I had ordered parts a couple weeks ago with no problem.

She said. I don’t want to get into it.

I took my part and said I won’t be back.

Could have just said sorry we aren’t ordering from cat now.....

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad when we lose any dealers. Manufacturers are getting hard to deal with everywhere is what I'm hearing.

I agree and hopefully Cat will pull their heads out their asses soon and either decide to get in the snow business or decide to exit the snow business.

But Argyle's main focus was never Arctic Cat (even in the good days)... They hardly stocked any parts and depended on ordering. No one in the parts dept seemed to know anything about sleds or care to know about sleds.
Argyle is a bike dealer. That's been their focus, sleds were a sideline. and they will continue to focus on what they are comfortable with ...Bikes.

Overall, this is really not a loss to the sled industry because this dealer was never committed to the sled industry. The loss of Echo, the loss of Boss, and the loss of T & T in Bonnyville ....those closures hurt our local Arctic Cat sled business....those dealers were dedicated! Losing Argyle as a Cat dealer...meh...no biggie....hard to miss a dealer who really wasn't a serious dealer to begin with.

But with nothing but silence coming from Cat, maybe it won't matter who or where the Cat dealers are....I hope not. I hope Textron is committed for the long haul.

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, she didn't want to let the "Cat out of the bag"....sorry about the pun. Couldn't resist.

So, is this still from the patent crap, or just hard to get parts/ manufacturer supply and demand?

I would have to assume that her hands were tied. The staff had likely been told what was happening but also told that they could not say anything prior to the company’s announcement. For all we know they all had to sign NDA’s. Perhaps she was just pissed to have to be stuck in the middle and not be able to just be up front and honest which could just be the way she lives her life. Chitty deal all around, but I would like to think that she likely wasn’t just being a bish just cause.

GreyGhost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s sad but this has been going on for a few years. I used to love my 02 600 and my dads triple was nuts! Used to deal with Harve from bigger and the Robertson’s and now CMX. Still deal with Robertson’s for doing but CMX has also been very great! Cat needs to do a major overhaul tho but hopefully with the Yamaha line they can still keep the money flowing...,pretty sure textrin won’t let them fold

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really weird today...our group was riding west of Sparwood and ran into quite a few people. All of a sudden I realized I was seeing quite a bit of Orange, Green, Purple and black. 80 percent of the sleds I saw today were Cats...most of the time I would say its less than 20 percent Cat...very strange. Lots of people still riding A.C.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree and hopefully Cat will pull their heads out their asses soon and either decide to get in the snow business or decide to exit the snow business.

But Argyle's main focus was never Arctic Cat (even in the good days)... They hardly stocked any parts and depended on ordering. No one in the parts dept seemed to know anything about sleds or care to know about sleds.
Argyle is a bike dealer. That's been their focus, sleds were a sideline. and they will continue to focus on what they are comfortable with ...Bikes.

Overall, this is really not a loss to the sled industry because this dealer was never committed to the sled industry. The loss of Echo, the loss of Boss, and the loss of T & T in Bonnyville ....those closures hurt our local Arctic Cat sled business....those dealers were dedicated! Losing Argyle as a Cat dealer...meh...no biggie....hard to miss a dealer who really wasn't a serious dealer to begin with.

But with nothing but silence coming from Cat, maybe it won't matter who or where the Cat dealers are....I hope not. I hope Textron is committed for the long haul.
Yep exactly, they were probably the worst cat dealer around anyway, a couple times in a pinch called them up or went there in hopes of getting parts and had nothing but clueless women taking the calls at the parts desk. A couple years ago I broke an A arm and needed one right away, called around and nobody had one in stock, finally called argyll(last resort) and the snotty b*tch on the phone tells me they have a black one in stock for an 18 mountain cat, after it seemed like I put her out by having her go to the back to make sure they had one and that it was the right one. So i drive 180km into the city only to find out its for an older proclimb with a 38" front end. I tell her its the wrong one and i dont want it and at this point im a little pissed that i just drove all the way there for nothing. Lucky bryce at echo bailed me out, took one off a complete 36" front end and had it ready at the desk when i got there making the trip in not a complete waste, they even stayed open an extra 15 mins to wait for me to get there. Was sad losing echo as a cat dealer but who cares about argyll

Last edited:

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it’s definitely been a pita to get cat parts the last few years. Most stuff I had to get was two to three weeks and nothing special about it.

Levithan

Reaction score
I found out about this a couple of weeks ago.
A buddy of mine went to order parts and they said they would not order any at this time.
He called another dealer out of town(ralphs i think) and was told argyl was no longer a dealer.
I never buy new parts anyhow, never in stock and to expensive.
Lots of guys parting sleds every year to keep up with supply.
Any parts i do need, the dealers has no idea what i'm talking about and i have to order online anyhow.
Pretty sure yamaha is it's own brand still and not owned by textron so argyl will still be dealing with them for a long time.
Sine the new yamacat is just a blue asender you can still order parts for the asender chassis sleds just has to be under the yamaha part number.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found out about this a couple of weeks ago.
A buddy of mine went to order parts and they said they would not order any at this time.
He called another dealer out of town(ralphs i think) and was told argyl was no longer a dealer.
I never buy new parts anyhow, never in stock and to expensive.
Lots of guys parting sleds every year to keep up with supply.
Any parts i do need, the dealers has no idea what i'm talking about and i have to order online anyhow.
Pretty sure yamaha is it's own brand still and not owned by textron so argyl will still be dealing with them for a long time.
Sine the new yamacat is just a blue asender you can still order parts for the asender chassis sleds just has to be under the yamaha part number.

Check both mfg's. Been doing a few things to the little guys ZR200 and found Yamaha and Cat prices are different. Sometimes Cat is cheaper, sometimes Yamaha depending on part. Some springs, jets, etc are oddly enough only offered by one and.not the other.

Top Bottom