Are there magic numbers?

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
*MAGIC*

So I'm about to give my sled its first look over before the season starts and got me thinking. Are there any magic numbers where you should start to doubt your sleds reliability?

I've got 2100 miles on my motor now and wondering how shes doing. Runs fine not but wondering if its a ticking time bomb. Heard that no one really does leak down tests on them to see how the crank bearings are doing mostly just guage it by your crank runout. Thoughts on this? And what about compression...thoughts on ranges between sides and rumbers where you should be putting new pistons and rings in?

Hoping to sell this sled next year and upgrade to an xm so I don't want to put a pile of money into it but at the same time a heli flight is the price of a shortblock, so if it blows up now I have a heli flight and a nice parts bill that would certainly end my season prematurely. I'm not against a little preventative maintenance to keep me sledding all season, but seeings how I'm still a student its hard to justify putting unnecessary funds into a sled that could go towards the newer one next year

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom