Are ski-doo belts not all put up to be..

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Starting to really question the brp belts for longevity, I had purchased the latest 200dollar Brp belts a few months back from a local dealer, was shocked on price:ignore:

Had a 1000plus km on my older 821 Xs Carlisle belt So i replaced it with the doo belt yesterday.. set tension correctly and did a nice 40 mile break in..

ran heat gun across it and it was cooler than others in the group, half way up trail.. did a pull in some deep snow and less than 15 seconds into wot BRP belt grenaded and peices blown all over.. had a few others on 850s that also replaced same belt yesterday

yes this is on my impulse turbo and yes it was deep, but I can assure you I have had many many of these same days on the Carlisle belt and no problems, ended up running the older 821 the rest of the day and no problems..

have another doo new belt but I'm not going to run, and ordered a few more 821s, price is almost half the money

this could be some of the 850 problems as well

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Same my xm has a small belt issue gone through 2 this season put on a Carlisle and not sign of wear belt looks new and have double the Time on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same my xm has a small belt issue gone through 2 this season put on a Carlisle and not sign of wear belt looks new and have double the Time on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've had 6 etec sleds. 3 were hard on belts. Team clutch fixed that. I have a brand new conversion shaft and team clutch from one of my sleds. $600 for both of your interested

Top Bottom