are canam quads good orrr??

pancakeman

Reaction score
Frankly it is a knife in our backs so it is really difficult for a decision for principle. As most people principle is settled with $$ differences when it comes to retail anyway.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've owned Honda, Kawi Brute Force, Polaris 400 2 Stroke Explorer (fun machine but breaks alot) and bought a 2010 Can Am 800 Outlander last fall. I like the Can Am the best mainly because of the ride. The power is good, but the Brute had lots of power too, but I hated the handling. I doubled my son (90lbs) on the Brute last year with my springs set on high and could hardly handle the machine. I doubled him on the Can Am a couple weeks ago (110 lbs) and hardly felt him back there, and my springs were set to 4/5. I'm amazed at the suspension on these things. I ride pretty fast and hard, and I don't have to set the springs to full compression on the Can Am. They have some issues such as that limp mode issue when you use the winch much, but maybe someone on here knows more than I do on that. They're expensive, but you're paying for the power and handling if you ask me. I ride with a guy that has a Polaris 850XP, and if I didn't have the Can Am, I'd get one of those, real nice machines, but their at least 100 lbs heavier than the Can Am. I'd have got the Renegade, but doesn't have racks so you can't carry anything.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I heard of that episode....T-Team mentioned it when I was in town a couple weekends ago....lol

Teeroy.. Im going to have to ask you to stop speaking of said event.. or I will ninja streak across your lawn in the dark and smother you with a pillow. lol :beer:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've owned Honda, Kawi Brute Force, Polaris 400 2 Stroke Explorer (fun machine but breaks alot) and bought a 2010 Can Am 800 Outlander last fall. I like the Can Am the best mainly because of the ride. The power is good, but the Brute had lots of power too, but I hated the handling. I doubled my son (90lbs) on the Brute last year with my springs set on high and could hardly handle the machine. I doubled him on the Can Am a couple weeks ago (110 lbs) and hardly felt him back there, and my springs were set to 4/5. I'm amazed at the suspension on these things. I ride pretty fast and hard, and I don't have to set the springs to full compression on the Can Am. They have some issues such as that limp mode issue when you use the winch much, but maybe someone on here knows more than I do on that. They're expensive, but you're paying for the power and handling if you ask me. I ride with a guy that has a Polaris 850XP, and if I didn't have the Can Am, I'd get one of those, real nice machines, but their at least 100 lbs heavier than the Can Am. I'd have got the Renegade, but doesn't have racks so you can't carry anything.

Check your winch, if you don't dry it out properly it will corrode the brushes and cause too much draw on the electical. If you go to limp mode just turn off the key wait a couple of secs and then restart.:beer:

Top Bottom