are canam quads good orrr??

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theres none for sale on here, about 5 for sale in all of alberta on kijiji...no one seems to part with them and im looking for a quad...500-800 outlander im thinking.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
theres none for sale on here, about 5 for sale in all of alberta on kijiji...no one seems to part with them and im looking for a quad...500-800 outlander im thinking.

theres only 2 months out of the year you don't sled....why do you need a quad????

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL

i know.

but i do like to go exploring on those 2 months off..

and since i have good relations with my brp dealer im looking new or used.

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have owned and 650 and 400 and I was really impressed with both. They were both over achievers in terms of power. The other day I also got to ride a 500 outty and a 550 polaris back to back and I had to say 500 betters the 550 poo. The poo was nice but seemed a little shy on power, for the price however I would be intrigued to try a 850 poo. Once my wife gets her house I think I will be in the market for a 800 two up.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all the outlander v twins are good machines. great power and pretty cushy ride.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have rented a 500 outlander. was a ton of fun for a not so sporty machine. this is why im looking as the renegade doesnt help me with any work i would need to do.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have owned and 650 and 400 and I was really impressed with both. They were both over achievers in terms of power. The other day I also got to ride a 500 outty and a 550 polaris back to back and I had to say 500 betters the 550 poo. The poo was nice but seemed a little shy on power, for the price however I would be intrigued to try a 850 poo. Once my wife gets her house I think I will be in the market for a 800 two up.
I have an '04 400....it has been bulletproof. sank that poor little machine more times that i care to remember and it just keeps on tickin.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have rented a 500 outlander. was a ton of fun for a not so sporty machine. this is why im looking as the renegade doesnt help me with any work i would need to do.
have you ever rode an 800? if not....don't. because once you feel that power nothing else will feel the same. ever again. they flat out haul the mail

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have not...but after being on the 500 that 800 is very tempting and scary at the same time.
my personal opinion FWIW....the 800's have too much jam for their chassis. you can hit stuff harder than you should, go faster than you should, and parts cost more than they should. I would love to own one tho....lol

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I washed my 850 popo last Sunday and when parking it back in the garage hit the throttle a little harder than usual and the sum b1tch started to lift off the ground. I almost chit my pants lol :beer: I love the torque on my 850 :)

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a can am outlander 800 the first year the 800 came out. it was a sick machine. Never had a problem with it. Sold it a while back though. Now We got a 07 renegade 800 and 2 09 renegade 800s. They are just a incredible quad. Would never get anything else. You can pretty much do the same stuff with a renegade than you can do with a outlander. The renegade works fine for hauling around a little trailer and plowing the driveway. It can do pretty much anything you want it to do.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just sold my renegade 800 that i bought last july, why? TO GET A BIGGER CAN AM lol I have an Outlander X MR on order :D i have ridden suzuki, polaris, yamaha, and kawasakis and nothing compared to the renegade 800 it was a muscle yourself through anything machine, cant say the same about the others though. I'm by no means dissing the others but I wont go back to them either lol.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Typical response from a jealous bruteforce rider.

Ooooh I think I hit a nerve. :rant: You having frame problems Work2Ride? Dont worry I'm sure there is a wrecker who will come pick up your rolling paper weight for only a small fee. :cool:

Im not jealous, if I was jealous I would go out and buy one.

But it all seriousness can-ams are good machines but not quite as perfect as their fan boys would like to think. I'm going to hate myself for this but the 850 XPs are good machines to even though I would never buy a polaris quad.

Good luck with the search though

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they don't just break driving down the trail. everything breaks when you smash it into stuff

Can am's have frame issues IF you don't have skid plates and your are going over large rocks and logs. You can then damage a frame quite easily. Otherwise they have the most power out of any stock 4x4 atv and I hear they have a comfortable ride as well. If and when I get rid of my Brute I will be upgrading to a Can-am as well as a lot of guys I know are starting to go towards the power as well!

Top Bottom