are canam quads good orrr??

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can afford new I would be looking for a leftover 2010 if money is tite.All the 2010 and up have Power steering.I myself was looking but could not afford a new leftover when they still had some in February.I wanted PS so I ended up finding a clean low miled 09 yamaha grizzly 700 Camo with PS that fit my budget.If I had cash to spare I would get a new outlander max 650-800.Its very hard finding a clean low miles ATV of any make that has not been Mudded ,modded ,beat on.BTW it took me 4 months of prowling Kijiji to find my Grizz

outlanderchuck

Reaction score
Just about a month i purchased my brand new 2011 800 outlander XT. so far this machine has more than exceeded my expectations. i used to ride a grizzly 660. With just stock tires this outlander will go much further than my old grizzly and of course the power is incredible and on the plus side its better on fuel than my old grizzly. I have NO regrets on buying this machine. The only down side to the outtys is there frame. But if you get some good steel skid plates you shouldnt ahve anything to worry about! :headbanger:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
soooo anyone ever bent a rear swingarm.......cousin picked up a 650 and now it has a wicked speed wobble and the rear swingarm is bent badly....cant think of aything we did to cause it so he must have purchased it like this. any tips on changing this out...looks pretty straight forward

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya thats what i said!! pretty hefty swing arm ill post pics
they sure look beefy, it's the first time i've heard of anyone bending one. short of rolling it down a hill I would think it would be tough to bend.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
We had one bend.Two kids ran into each other and wrecked 2 quads.Took it off and got local welding shop to straighten it and reinforce it.It was still workin fine till we sold the quad.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes they are pretty strong.. if you want stronger ones.. they are available too thru bopp racing in the usa..

In the older outlanders, the racers used to take the rear TTI arms off a renegade and mount them to an outlander.. reason?? they where way stronger..... now the outlander XXC has the complete renegade frame. there is the odd different bracket but nothing big..

the other thing they did to the outlanders was take the renegade front shock mounts and adapt them to there bikes... now, again the XXC has it..

i don;t know what happened to yours but it takes quite some type of smash or jar to break the stock ones... its just a freak accident maybe... they happen??

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know of one bending on a buddy`s. Hi fault he had a long tow strap hooked to the hitch ,it fell of the back and woundaround the tire at speed...it was not pretty .

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as far as i'm concerned the can ham's are way too much... u could buy 2 brutes for the price of one can ham....

but any of the new fuely quads i wouldn't buy so.................

no pull cord back up... fuel pumps seem to have problems [ on all brands ]..

ecm's are pricy to change [ don't care what anyone says mosture gets into them ] ....

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as far as i'm concerned the can ham's are way too much... u could buy 2 brutes for the price of one can ham....

but any of the new fuely quads i wouldn't buy so.................

no pull cord back up... fuel pumps seem to have problems [ on all brands ]..

ecm's are pricy to change [ don't care what anyone says mosture gets into them ] ....

God knows all...............................:beer::beer:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen God trying to wheely his Brute with 30" rubber...wasn't pretty. I know that this devil's overpriced Can Am (with NO chip, NO mods, and no big-ass suitcase on the rear rack) will wheely with 30's all day long (in high range). Jus' sayin'.... ;)

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen God trying to wheely his Brute with 30" rubber...wasn't pretty. I know that this devil's overpriced Can Am (with NO chip, NO mods, and no big-ass suitcase on the rear rack) will wheely with 30's all day long (in high range). Jus' sayin'.... ;)

how that i have the lean miss fixed u guys better watch out...

it could wheelie in high... with the 30's.... but seeing as it fluddered would only do it if it was cleared up...

if friggin rips now.... finally got the jetting down and the dirt out of the front carb...

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
LOL

i know.

but i do like to go exploring on those 2 months off..

and since i have good relations with my brp dealer im looking new or used.

Did you say ... NEW? I didnt even know you knew that word.....by good realtions you mean... he lets me bag on his chit all the time for free.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how that i have the lean miss fixed u guys better watch out...

it could wheelie in high... with the 30's.... but seeing as it fluddered would only do it if it was cleared up...

if friggin rips now.... finally got the jetting down and the dirt out of the front carb...
What's a carb? Oh...I remember...Ladas have those things! LOL.

Top Bottom