%*&$# Arctic Cat!

Stevo

Reaction score
Installed the Cat knee pads on my M8 before heading to Valemount. One side went on fine, but the other didn't. One of the screws that holds the cowl to the tank would just spin and not come out. I managed to finesse it out and away we went.

When we stopped for gas in Hinton I noticed a puddle of gas under my sled. It was leaking from around the threaded insert that I had spun. I lost a whole day of sledding trying to fix the leak. Tried a two part epoxy around the insert but that didn't work.

Eventually I just pried the insert out with the intention of fashioning a plug for the hole. Much to my surprise, the hole the insert was molded into was completely open to the tank! Not the blind hole that it should have been.

I used Devcon Plasticweld to plug the hole and it worked very well. No problems during two days of riding. Now I'm off to my dealer to beat them and try and get a new tank under warranty. It was definitely a defectively molded tank.

Ray at Bumper to Bumper in Valemount was great in helping me to find a product that would work. He even gave me his home phone # in case the Devcon didn't work and I needed a garage to work in that evening!

Top Bottom