arctic cat 650 v2 gurus!!! Help

kolton22

Reaction score
Hey I got a 2004 arctic cat 650 v2 and it won't start. It turns over but won't run. I checked the plugs and they are sparking well. Checked fuel pump and got good flow to the carbs. I removed carbs and cleaned them. Still won't start. Only thing odd is the rear cylinder carb will pop off well trying to start it over and over again. What should a guy look at next. Any help would be awesome!

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are known for wearing out timing chains which affect your valve timing. Also check your choke plungers they stick all the time.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the kawie engine right.
Mine got very hard to start had to adjust the valves try some quick start to get to run

Sent from my iPhone using

kolton22

Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips and sorry for the late reply been crazy busy at work and finally found time to look at the quad. After starting to adjust my valves I noticed one wasn't working right. After pulling the motor and tearing down the front cylinder I found out my valve and piston got in a fight. So now I'm looking for any tips on find a front cylinder head and maybe a big bore kit. Also any good shops around Edmonton do port and polishing?

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Replace timing chains and adjusters while your in there !!

Top Bottom