April Conditions 2015

braaapbraaap

Reaction score
Heading out this weekend. Gonna be riding Lucille and maybe bell. Will give updates and pics when we see what we're dealing with :). Just wondering if their was much snow this week? And where did it fall ??

dcailliau

Reaction score
Ok boys and girls, made it into Renshaw today, Friday, April 17. Conditions up top were good. 3" to 6" fresh everywhere, but the trail sucks. Not going back tomorrow. Went with a deck to km5. Didn't want to try a couple of deep washouts with the truck. Lots of riding on dirt to km19, then ok snow on trail. Way less snow below km19 on the way back. Had to remind my ride I still love her a few times. Not fun. That's the season for this cowboy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same with us. We also unloaded at 5km on Wednesday. Riding up top was real nice but the road was getting quite exposed. Sure is quiet up there this time of year. We are considering bringing the SXS and trailer for this week. If we do that we will stay overnight in the enclosed and ride the next day also. Trying to stretch the season out as long as possible!

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Are the gates closed now Barry.

Gate is still open. Road is pretty dry so its not getting rutted up. If we get a big dump of rain and if the road starts falling apart then the gate will get closed. Will post on here when it happens.

Our guests had a blast hauling their sleds up Renshaw with their quads. The sledding was good up top and they came home pretty sunburnt, but very happy.

Last edited:

braaapbraaap

Reaction score
Rode Lucille Saturday and Sunday. Unloaded the sled deck at about Km 5. The trail up wasn't bad yet. But won't last long. The snow up top was actually really good in drifted areas. Went as far back as the snow would let us go, but some rocky passes made it impossible to get further. Did a snow pack check on each side of the valley @ larva. Noticed a sugar layer at about 2 feet down. That would be tough to trigger with all the hard pack above it. But the wind loaded areas had lots of potential for smaller slides. Also the cornaces were falling apart in the sun. So be careful. I'll try and upload some pics. Also had a good bail that messed my leg up a bit :). Good times

braaapbraaap

Reaction score
Few pics from Sunday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 304
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 302
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 301

braaapbraaap

Reaction score
Ya coulda been real bad if it was a bigger hill. But it was real mellow. Just steep at the top. And I wasn't trying to turn up hill that much. She started getting away on me. Hahaha. Sore leg. But not too bad.

MARGHELLY

Reaction score
I am heading out to Lucile this weeked , i have never been there before . i have been to renshaw 5-6 times . Just wondering if its easy to find, staging area , etc . Any tips would be great .

thanks

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turn left into McBride at the husky. Drive till the road ends at the old train station and take a left. Drive along the train track, take a right and go under the train bridge. Follow road till it comes to a T intersection. Go Left and you will end up at the trail head. Hope this helps.

braaapbraaap

Reaction score
Then you'll hit snow about 5km up the trail after the booth. Sled decks only. Or small trailer and hand bomb around. Enjoy!

Top Bottom