Applying Sledwraps

belch22

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm curious to know what the best way to put a sledwrap on. Wet or dry? What is the best preference and materials to use? I just received my custom wrap today and I don't really want to screw it up putting it on!
Thanks in advance for any advice!!!

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It really depends on your experience.
Wet or dry, depends on the size of decal and your experience. I would think that with the curves on a sled, it would be best wet, or if you're even questioning it, wet is the answer.
You can position the decal and squeegee from the middle out.
Soap and water are your friend and a good soft squeegee. I have found that a good rubber scraper works really nice because they have a soft curve that you can get comfortable in your hand, just pull the handle off and pitch it.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just did mine last weekend. Wet with water only...no soap. Squeegee from the middle outwards. I used a heat gun afterwards to get the real tight spots good and stuck....helps stretch imperfections out as well.

belch22

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!!! DaveB, that is one sweet wrap, looks awesome!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we need pics after install?? good luck,, how much for a wrap?

I want to wrap the boat with a new look but 2g is too much

belch22

Reaction score
I will definately post pics after it is put on, going to attempt it this weekend. The wrap was a little steep at 500 but it was worth it! Its a custom piece and has quite a bit of chrome in it that hiked up the price fast....I have to give a big shout out to Brendan at LimeNine Graphics, he did a wicked job for me!

belch1217

Reaction score
Hey Bro, don't u worry we'll get r done one way or another, either before a beer or after a dozen, cant wait to see them in person emails just dont do it. I've got the heat gun, and my wet app kit from my graphics all packed up. See ya at the lake on fri.:d:beer::beer::beer:

Attachments

• IMG_1253.jpg
    IMG_1253.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1257.jpg
    IMG_1257.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 46

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we just did mine tonight on the kitchen table...hum he put the rear skid back together in the kitchen too! lol
anyway we used warm water with a bit of soap in a spray bottle and like the other said squish out the water and gave it the once over with a heat gun. mine is not a wrap but decals all most covers the whole hood and looks freekn cool! we will put it on tomorrow then i will post pics of my finished ride

Attachments

• DSC_6324 sm.jpg
    DSC_6324 sm.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC_6326.jpg
    DSC_6326.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 37

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keep this in mind when installing - as per Jordan's instructions on his website ArcticFX

smooth surfaces (like hoods) - wet application
rough surfaces (like side panels) - dry application

good sled wraps are super tough and thick
so you can rip em off and re-position then if needed - but once you squeegie them down ....they are down

good luck and post pics when done!

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day. I know if i spent $500.00 plus on a wrap, i would personally spend the little extra and have a pro install it. If it gets screwed up someone else can pay to replace it. Just my opinion since i have no experience installing a wrap and had my hands full just installing the new factory stickers on my hood. Either way, i am sure it will look great. Good luck.:beer:

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Schexxy Sled. Looks Good....:beer::beer:

we just did mine tonight on the kitchen table...hum he put the rear skid back together in the kitchen too! lol
anyway we used warm water with a bit of soap in a spray bottle and like the other said squish out the water and gave it the once over with a heat gun. mine is not a wrap but decals all most covers the whole hood and looks freekn cool! we will put it on tomorrow then i will post pics of my finished ride

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keep this in mind when installing - as per Jordan's instructions on his website ArcticFX

smooth surfaces (like hoods) - wet application
rough surfaces (like side panels) - dry application

I installed my "Arctic FX" Graphics on my sled last month, I didn't know not to install wet on the side panels.
A month later and every thing is still perfect!
I can see why not to use the wet method on the ruff stuff as it can trap a small amount of water under the graphic, but we installed graphics on Tams sled last year with the wet method and her's are still stuck as well.

I know with out the soapy water my install would have been a total nightmare, with this custom design there was a fair amount of pissin around to get things to line up right.

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

belch22

Reaction score
Well, here they are....totally impressed!! Installed all of the decals dry except for the top of the hood pieces.

Let me know what you think!!!

Attachments

• 08 M8 pics 023.jpg
    08 M8 pics 023.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 08 M8 pics 027.jpg
    08 M8 pics 027.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 08 M8 pics 028.jpg
    08 M8 pics 028.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 08 M8 pics 042.jpg