Anywhere around edmonton to ride

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alberta beach club is west of town and closer than trail seekers and has 130 + Kms of trail. 70$ not slit to ask for access to all AB trails. I rarely ever ride trails also but spend the $ to support our sport
So by buying daily trail passes am I not doing the same in supporting our sport? And am I not doing more so, as it is more expensive? I know what you guys are saying as this argument go on every year but I believe in supporting the trail systems I ride, not the ones I don't. I mean if you want to get technical it would be any different if I bought a yearly pass for the trails in Ontario right? I don't ride those neither.

rizzman

Reaction score
Head east of Sherwood Park and you can come ride on my lake. Not MY lake, but the lake by my house. It isn't exciting, but it allows you to stretch your legs and put a few kms on the sled. Let's wait for it to freeze up first though. (don't ask how I know that lol).

If you guys are heading to the mtns, let me know!!! I think my winter will be pretty slow work wise.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
So by buying daily trail passes am I not doing the same in supporting our sport? And am I not doing more so, as it is more expensive? I know what you guys are saying as this argument go on every year but I believe in supporting the trail systems I ride, not the ones I don't. I mean if you want to get technical it would be any different if I bought a yearly pass for the trails in Ontario right? I don't ride those neither.

Local trail passes pay for trail maintenance for that specific area. Asa asses go to the organization who fights for our riding area's and our sport as well as supporting all of the local clubs and events out of that money... I still by my BC trail passes and chit too I just want to contribute to the organization that helps keep area's open. And deal with srd and the government to keep local areas open and help with regulations that let us ride on the government land... Not just trails

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree totally. Don't get me wrong. BUT you cannot tell someone that they must have a trail pass to ride around the trails around edmonton as it is wrong. There are trails all over the place that are not maintained or run by clubs.

Alberta Beach Doo

Reaction score
Free reign to ride in lac st Anne county also. Rc's turn a blind eye to the laws out here. But do need reg. and insurance

to a degree. I believe any 3 digit highway is ok like 633. The could be issues on 43 especially if you ride against the flow of traffic due to headlights shining in motorist eyes. I got pulled over 15 years ago on 16 around Wabamun but just a warning. All in all, have registration, insurance, trail pass on every sled and be sober. If some hot head County Peace Officer pulls you over, you can prove you are responsible and you will probably get let off

Alberta Beach used to have a sign that said Watch for Snowmobiles. Right next door Sunset point still has a sign, No Off Hiway vehicles. Go figure

Top Bottom