Anyone wanna ride May Long

Untouchable

Reaction score
I'm interested in riding May long in the valley if someones interested, Quartz - Panorama. I'd use my sxs and 2 place trailer to get to the snow. There must be someone out there that wants to go.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in riding May long in the valley if someones interested, Quartz - Panorama. I'd use my sxs and 2 place trailer to get to the snow. There must be someone out there that wants to go.

Can still drive to the snow in lots of places, probably don't need a SxS. Was thinking of hittin Quartz maybe this weekend.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only driving up 10 km at sicamous

sent while I should be drinking tea's

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 with modman

myself I will be out this weekend somewhere, not sure yet. May long you can still ride silent, Gorman, and other areas just driving in.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got back from Chatter. If you know how to get to the Clemenceau it was epic bluebird pow the last 2 days. Freezing level at 2000M. We covered 250km in 2 days! Staging is still almost near valley bottom.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got back from Chatter. If you know how to get to the Clemenceau it was epic bluebird pow the last 2 days. Freezing level at 2000M. We covered 250km in 2 days! Staging is still almost near valley bottom.

Rode Clemanceau..? Highly doubtful from chatter. This would require dropping into the Sullivan drainage, in which case there is bridges missing or boating your sled up to the kinbasket drainage.

let me edit this.... Did you borrow chatters chopper for this ride?

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in silent yesterday, parking at about km 46... did ride an 1" of gravel, trails still in good shape. def could be riding maylong in there but pronds have a couple gravel sections by then.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Clemanceau..? Highly doubtful from chatter. This would require dropping into the Sullivan drainage, in which case there is bridges missing or boating your sled up to the kinbasket drainage.

I think he means the Cleameanceau Icefield, not the actual mountain. Probably Apex or Shackleton Glacier o nthe south end. Drop between stovepipe and solitude and follow the drainage to Wood Arm FSR. Looked at it before, but its long way back there riding on a glacier, which freaks me out. Too many crevasses. Could have choppered as well but doubtful, very pricey to go that far back. probably 30+ min one way from Golden if chopper came.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got mothers day this weekend,, but Im game for the next weekend!!!! probably golden for me who's in?

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I never said I staged from Chatter, however I was at Chatter.

A gentlmen never talks about his girlfriends, past or present. And for that matter never post directions to the Cat's Meow on the internet.

Just for you Oler if you can figure out this location then you have the key to the lock.

Attachments

• IMG_0768_1.JPG
    IMG_0768_1.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was headed down chatter/hope way for may long. can you camp/launch a boat just 1-2km past the hope creek trail? and camp there? looks like it on google earth but want to be sure. if not we can camp back at the corner where the other launch is.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got a river boat dalton? If so yes there is the low low water short cut. And the bush rec camp site are the two closet to hope. Other than that it is bush harbour. Should note though last year I tried the weekend after the may long. No good. The lake is completely drained and most of the boat launchs are short about 50ft. The lake is a river at this time of the year up this high. The only one I know of with water when the lake is low is up around around rec site... Km89ish.

TryHonesty

Reaction score
I am down to go, got a two place trailer if you got a truck to pull it! Lets do silent or chatter! Somewhere good, i just got my sled back after a 6 week insurance claim nightmare and i am getting the shakes, need to pound it!!

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got a river boat dalton? If so yes there is the low low water short cut. And the bush rec camp site are the two closet to hope. Other than that it is bush harbour. Should note though last year I tried the weekend after the may long. No good. The lake is completely drained and most of the boat launchs are short about 50ft. The lake is a river at this time of the year up this high. The only one I know of with water when the lake is low is up around around rec site... Km89ish.

lil 16.5' with outboard jet. Ill find a way to get er in the lake... hopefully ha ha. anyone know how far up chatter is parking/ much gravel to run??

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking back out the burn at Silent or back in as far as possible at the mines... :)

Never explored to much in the mines but I was in silent a week ago and was everywhere exploring and found only 2 places to head from the main areas. one outta the main big bowl, up and over thru the "notch" and down the backside (nice bowl back there), or drop the burn to duncan river (next years cross country trip). Now I may have missed something on the way in but this looked to me like the only spots. everything else was rock faces

Top Bottom