Anyone that knows anything about newer cars I need help.

albertagal500

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok. My 2004 Malibu is starting to drive me nuts. My left turn light in the frount went out this last spring I took it in and had them change it. it worked fine for a few months then it burnt out again or so I was thinking but there was nothing wrong with it I changed it again it doesn't work. The fuses are fine have checked them all. Now my tail light on the left side doesn't work. Does any one know what is going on? I am hoping to be able to fix it myself but if not I will take it in on Friday.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does it still flash or go clichy clicky on the left side? Do all your brake lights still come on? Answer then next

albertagal500

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the signal in side the car works but runs fast. All the tail and back up lights work fine but the brake light is not working on the left side.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
the signal in side the car works but runs fast. All the tail and back up lights work fine but the brake light is not working on the left side.

I WOULD SUSPECT A LITE BULB.... THE LITE BULB HAS 2 FILAMENTS INSIDE AND I WOULD SUSPECT ONE OF THE FILAMENTS HAS BROKEN OFF AND TOUCHING THE OTHER AND IT IS CAUSING A SHORT IN THE LITE.... NOW YOU MUST RECHECK THE LEFT SIDE(DRIVERS SIDE?) TAILLITE/BRAKE LITE BULBS AND AGAIN AND THEN CHECK THE LEFT FRONT SIGNAL/PARK LITE BULBS --- PROBABLY BEST JUST TO REPLACE ALL THE LEFT SIDE BULBS. CHANCES ARE YOUR PROBLEM IS FIXED, AND IF NOT, THEN IT COULD BE THE SIGNAL/COMBINATION SWITCH OR A WIRING PROBLEM. GOOD LUCK! :beer:;)

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Yup one of the bulbs is hooped when it flashes fast that is the indicator one is burnt out ...you really have to look cause sometimes where there is 2 bulbs that flash together only 1 will flash so it looks like that side is working......or it is a marker light sometimes you over look those

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it seems to me like your turning left to much - maybe try turning right more. lol :alol2:

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awww heck it's just a "chevy" product....It has passed it's expiry date and needs to be thrown away. Time to buy a dodge....:d:d:d:d

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awww heck it's just a "chevy" product....It has passed it's expiry date and needs to be thrown away. Time to buy a dodge....:d:d:d:d

Well it is a 2004....If it was a dodge , you just change out the vehicle every time the gas tank is empty.:p

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Grand Prix GTP used to burn bulbs all the time, right after it rained.8 head lights and contless signal bulbs. Told dealer but would not belive me until we changed the housing no more water getting in. No more burt bulbs...and gliming custormer satisfaction. They covered it all on warenty.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Ford F150 4x4 and it was doing the same thing this spring. I took the tail light assembly apart and it was quite dirty. I cleaned it up cleaned the base of the bulb and it seems to have done the trick. Have not had a problem since.

Billy Boy:cool:

albertagal500

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK I now have the tail lights working. But the tuning light still doesn't work, new blubs and I even tried the one form the other side. Any ideas? I have checked the fuses and they are fine.

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when it flashes real quick in the dashboard but not at the signals, its the flasher relay under the dash

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your ground wire and power wire with a test light.lets start with the basics. it sounds like one circuit isn't working.Poor ground will eat up bulbs.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Try to follow the wire from the one that is not working.Is there a cut in it or something? It could be in the light bulb socket as well .Try a test light on it .

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK I now have the tail lights working. But the tuning light still doesn't work, new blubs and I even tried the one form the other side. Any ideas? I have checked the fuses and they are fine.
If you have a tester, check either side of the socket for voltage(with the signal light on), if you have voltage to there, it is a grounding problem, follow wire with no voltage back to where it's grounded, if no voltage, follow wires back until you find a fault. Or give summitric a visit and have him fix ix up.:d

albertagal500

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think i am going to have to take it in. The light comes on when i unlock the doors but does not flash like the passanger side. So i think it is just a little more then i want to tackle.

Thanks for all the help.

Top Bottom