anyone riding yetin chetwynd area

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I have heard there is about 80 cm of snow. The problem is that it has not set up yet. Too many things under the snow for me to go out there yet.

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I have heard there is about 80 cm of snow. The problem is that it has not set up yet. Too many things under the snow for me to go out there yet.

Hopefully I might find my way up there someday!

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am thinking of going out that way this year. Would like to meet up with some guys that know the area.

cul8rrr

Reaction score
In hassler on sunday. Lots of fresh snow the further u go in snow over your waist when u get off of the logging rd. Couldnt get up the creek as water still open and we had Sled Ed with us. Snowed hard for last 2 days and no end in sight will be all good for this weekend. Oh and Sled Ed stays home next time.lol:Snowmobile1:

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were up there last may long...
rode powder king, old friend and a few others..
pretty steller

cul8rrr

Reaction score
Dawson Creek buses not running today because of heavy snow fall last night. We have a ft overnight chetywn will be wicked by this weekend. On sunday when we fueled in chetywn there was no snow in town and we were unsure about sledding but 12-24 inches at staging area and 4-5ft within 5km. yeha letter snow!!

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you still allowed to ride from the chalet at powder king ski hill? I know a few years back you could, artic cats, dragons everywhere, wishin I had my sled instead of my board.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you still allowed to ride from the chalet at powder king ski hill? I know a few years back you could, artic cats, dragons everywhere, wishin I had my sled instead of my board.

No you can't. Check the PK website for the new rules regarding sleds.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

From what I just read you can. If signs didnt specifically layout like it says it does of where I can and cannot go, I would ask someone before unloading. If you use common sense, unload, and follow the trail out, while idling slowly, steering clear of everything, they won't give you any grief.

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can We come?:rolleyes:

dam right you can come chad book your rooms dude im taking off from town dec 10th thursday night after work going as far as robs in hines creek then we are getting up early on the 11th friday morning and driving the 2 hour remainder to chetwynd we should be riding by noon on friday then all day saturday and part of sunday too ill see if i can get some numbers for hotels as i think me and rob have rooms at big dans

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

dam right you can come chad book your rooms dude im taking off from town dec 10th thursday night after work going as far as robs in hines creek then we are getting up early on the 11th friday morning and driving the 2 hour remainder to chetwynd we should be riding by noon on friday then all day saturday and part of sunday too ill see if i can get some numbers for hotels as i think me and rob have rooms at big dans

Damn thats quite a drive for you Athabasca boys. You guys familiar with the area or just going to ride where theres snow and keep an eye on the gps? You guys unloading at the ski hill and idling out, or goin to go up the logging road? You guys mind if an extra tags along? Either way you'll have a great time.

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn thats quite a drive for you Athabasca boys. You guys familiar with the area or just going to ride where theres snow and keep an eye on the gps? You guys unloading at the ski hill and idling out, or goin to go up the logging road? You guys mind if an extra tags along? Either way you'll have a great time.

i know some locals from chetwynd but it seems i have to cancel the dec trip as im going to a camp job in fort mac for 3 months:(

Blacknytro

Reaction score
Don't worry crm1000,

We will take care of the snow for you till you can come. This early and an elnono year to boot!!!!! There will lot's of powder for everyone. Do you guys only run powdwer king or do you hit beaver and Hassler as well? We rode Tumbler Ridge core lodge on Wednesday and had 6 feet of powder, epic day for sure. Still sore though. see ya!!

Top Bottom