Anyone Ride a 2010 Nytro MTX?

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode one last spring. Less twitchy front end, lighter, better front suspension, better rear skid, better handwarmers. Available in a 162.

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is definately better than the 08 and 09. Newer tunnel, looks a heck of alot better than the older ones. 08-09 had the ugliest tunnels ever produced IMO. Snow evacuation holes in the floor boards. New suspension front and back. Handles alot better and is available in the 162 which is nice as SLY said.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a picture. This one has a couple of extras and a few extra ponies ;)

IMGP0060.jpg

IMGP0061.jpg

shellnekov

Reaction score
Signifcant dollar savings getting 09 or 08 which you can still buy new. Wondering if the $5 K for an 2010 is worth it. Lots of added goodies though. 162 or 153 whats your Yamaha peoples thoughts? Never had one, old Doo guy comin over. Yamaha ....its for the enviroment!!

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on your wants and plans. If you're gonna run stock track/susp etc I would take a good look at the 162 SE for a Mtn rider. Mods ? Good values in the 09's. Talk to whoever you are dealing with and let them help you figure out what's gonna be best for YOU

littlehoe

Reaction score
I just bought an 09 new... For me I couldn't justify spending the extra $4500 for the 10 they had in the showroom. I can buy quite a few upgrades for that much money.

I will admit though the older style tunnel like on mine looks pretty oversized and ugly compared to that 10...
IMG_4804.jpg

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's my thoughts

2009 10500
Front shocks 1000
162 track 1000
Rear suspension 1500(min) propably like 2000 by the time you are done and you get that butt ugly tunnel. 13500-14000 plus install of the parts.

2010 14200 The 2010 will beat the 09 in every way. IMO.

2010 in the pictures some where in the 24000 range would be my guess.

The 2010 also has a better attack angle.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
I bought an 09 because of the deals and while I've heard it's better to upgrade the skid, change the shocks, and hotrod it, it was still an easy choice. I'll ride it stock for this season and if I find it too weak of sled, I'll pass it off on the wife next season as I know she will love it.

If it's worth keeping I'll change the skid, watch for a deal on shocks, and call it a day with a couple grand in mods. Do I really care what the tunnel looks like? No! Like seriously, it's a freakin snow machine man, not a show car. Make it work good and ride the bag off it cause they all look the same when there stuck in the snow. lol

Let the flaming begin :d

shellnekov

Reaction score
Went with the black 2010. Will let you know how it runs, Blue River Dec 7. Cant wait.

crosroads

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has noticed....the 09 xtx has the new tunnel, so why not get it, got mine for 10000, and put a new track and skid under it?

shellnekov

Reaction score
Thinkin the skid and track are too short for me. Is that St. michael Alberta?

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We can supply a tunnel update kit from Skinz to clean up the rear tunnel and also extend it out if your going longer.
SPGNytroMTXTunnelKitNatural.jpg
We are currently putting together another stock order so if anyone is interested send us a pm and we'll see what we can get worked out.

crosroads

Reaction score
Thinkin the skid and track are too short for me. Is that St. michael Alberta?

that it is....

had the same questions myself last year after i wrecked my first xtx, but most of my riding is around here, ditch bangin and flatland boondockin. the xtx works great for that. i asked darren at e&s about puting a bigger track on the xtx, he said the biggest i could get would be the backcountry track that yammi sells for the xtx, if i wanted the to go with a bigger lug i'd have to change the drivers and the skid, which would mean i could go longer.

shellnekov

Reaction score
So, how as it?

It was good, never rode a Nytro before so dont have a comparison. Was about 2ft powder with a good base underneath so not the best conditions. Front end seems light when you get it lifted up, balanced nice, no snow under the tunnel and it was -16. All my crew rode it and liked it, with a turbo it would be a madman. Frontend little heavy when slow but that seems normal for the extra weight, rode bumps up well. Liked it, good choice. Lookin for a cheap 30 Hp then it would be awesome. Ideas

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input on the 2010. Look at an exhaust for it. Lighten it up a bit and go from there..

shellnekov

Reaction score
Thanks for the input on the 2010. Look at an exhaust for it. Lighten it up a bit and go from there..

Yes for sure, exhaust. Thing sounds like its electric!! Cant even hear it. Is there a fuel controller that will give some ponies as well?

Top Bottom