Anyone on Lucielle?

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was the guy that led you fellows around. Next time don't tell me you all are experienced mtn riders then when we drop into something you say you are all rookies. I don't mind guiding people around but as you see trouble can be had in a hurry. Their was 10+ sleds come out of there while you were sitting. Stick to the flat land or don't BS the guide:nono:

Next time you boys come into town give us a call we are more than happy to show you some amazing areas and help you learn solid mountain riding skills... and to all beware if you tell some of the locals you are a experienced rider they will take your word and let you tag along and believe me things can go from normal to holy s*%t crazy very quickly.. There are some amazing riders in this Valley that I have personally watched do things on a snowmobile that I never thought possible... So next time someone tells you there a local remember that means they live here and live and breathe for the hills so chances are its going to be a WOT kind of day... Enjoy

hyrk

Reaction score
Was in Billy Goat On Sat and was great!! We left you lots of untouched stuff. Watch for rocks in Larva...Also noticed tracks in bowls to the south and to the west of larva.....and tracks from west bowl into another toward west. Not sure on names... Someone had an adventure. Definately not for the inexperienced riders, past butterfly ridge!!

Lucielle..My new love!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sled rescue this am from the trees on the butterfly ridge. if you don't know the area like this guys didn't, stay out. another expense for them that was not needed.
don't know what the sled looks like but it cost's money to get us to go and get your toys.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Shifty you riding this week? Trying to get Glenn to come out but sounds like he's waiting for Sunday....we'll be riding Thurs,Fri, Sat....if your looking to head out.? 5 in out group and all good with the throttle!!!

Nosaj Knil

Reaction score
First time at Lucille this weekend and after reading this post and checking pics I guess we'd have been in Butterfly this weekend than????? We ended up three bowls in. Man, was it sweet. There was one more climb to a high pass we looked at but didn't do because we had scared the ch!t out of ourselves by that point due to the crazy toboggan runs on every downhill. Over that pass must be Larva, 4 bowls over??. Hero snow mostly but there was some good deep pockets for shredding!

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Lucielle on jan 30 we had three newbie with us we just stuck to first
2 easy area had real good time the the new guys just love it and the want to come back so that positive thing one was my son

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
General rule of thumb for me on "experienced" riders is to ask them how many years they have been riding and how many times they have been to the mountains, then I take 10% of whatever #'s they tell me and assume that is their real experience level until they show me otherwise. 99% of the time my math calculation is correct, most experience is 90% BS.

When dropping into a bowl you are not sure of, travel two sleds wide and pack a nice highway into the bowl so that you build a highway so you can get out. DO NOT follow single file like cattle, all you end up with is an icy trench like the ones in the photos above. From the pics above, all I can see is that inexperienced riders have been travelling into these areas.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
General rule of thumb for me on "experienced" riders is to ask them how many years they have been riding and how many times they have been to the mountains, then I take 10% of whatever #'s they tell me and assume that is their real experience level until they show me otherwise. 99% of the time my math calculation is correct, most experience is 90% BS.

When dropping into a bowl you are not sure of, travel two sleds wide and pack a nice highway into the bowl so that you build a highway so you can get out. DO NOT follow single file like cattle, all you end up with is an icy trench like the ones in the photos above. From the pics above, all I can see is that inexperienced riders have been travelling into these areas.

yah forsure. some of the areas i ride are hiking trails single sled width up and people just dont understand the concept of making a new track.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Lucielle Wednesday awesome trail in and still found lots of fresh stuff in the trees. I love riding the trees:d !! We didn't drop into the Butterfly, pretty trenched out and icy! No need for a accident on our last day. They need snow so keep on dancing! Thanks Barry!

Attachments

• IMG_6320.jpg
    IMG_6320.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6317.jpg
    IMG_6317.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 61

polaris_racer12

Reaction score
I dont really want to beat a dead horse hear fellas, but just to clear things up... no one from our group even breathed the word experienced, let alone said it. How could we on our first trip out west? Bowen is blowing steam. He said he doesnt like to leave the hill untill he's been as far back as possible. I can't blame him, but HE asked to join us. Not vice versa. Thanks for the great pictures! excellent!

Top Bottom