Anyone on Lucielle?

polaris_racer12

Reaction score
Hey.. was anyone on this forum on lucielle on sunday january 24th? man was it ugly. Two sleds in our group ended up in the trees trying to get out of the butterfly around lunch time. Someone from another group rolled on the hard pack going up also. Just wanted to send props to all the guys who helped us out. It was our first trip out to the mountains, and were lucky to have minimal damage that day. Thanks again guys! made our lives much easier, and learnt a thing or two along the way. We will definately be back again!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think someone got there names mixed up,like stated above,your first trip to the mountains and you dropped into the butterfly..LOL!Who's wise decision was that.Good for you guys for getting out,Talk about a Kodiac moment.Can you decscribe where you dropped in...........First time and dropping into the butterfly............Wow!...That blows me away!
catmando!

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think someone got there names mixed up,like stated above,your first trip to the mountains and you dropped into the butterfly..LOL!Who's wise decision was that.Good for you guys for getting out,Talk about a Kodiac moment.Can you decscribe where you dropped in...........First time and dropping into the butterfly............Wow!...That blows me away!
catmando!

The thing about snowmobiles is, they leave tracks. Some people follow tracks. Some people don't know what level of experience is needed to leave tracks in certain areas, but they go anyway, after all, there's tracks.:d:d:d

polaris_racer12

Reaction score
Actually, our group of five guys met up with some guy in the parking lot, and asked if he could join us. It couldnt hurt....we thought. We ended dropping into a bowl through a thin trail that was pretty steep....and was pretty much completely ice. It was the second bowl from the cabin if that helps. He said it was the butterfly, but Im thinking from what you guys have said that the butterfly is the third bowl? im not sure. Pretty scary either way. I think we'll stick to Bell and Renshaw next time.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually, our group of five guys met up with some guy in the parking lot, and asked if he could join us. It couldnt hurt....we thought. We ended dropping into a bowl through a thin trail that was pretty steep....and was pretty much completely ice. It was the second bowl from the cabin if that helps. He said it was the butterfly, but Im thinking from what you guys have said that the butterfly is the third bowl? im not sure. Pretty scary either way. I think we'll stick to Bell and Renshaw next time.

Sounds like the butterfly. Lucielle is ok kinda small area and the butterfly is ok too if there is enough snow and you know what your doing.

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca

Yep seen you guys there. You were in the butterfly all right. Met Mitch at the top of the hill while he was waiting for ya. I was on the green M7 that shot up the chute to the far left. You guys got lucky that the snow was hard. You don't want to be in the butterfly if you are a green rider and there is a bunch of fresh.:d Glad you made it out safe.:)
On another note my group made it farther back then we had ever gone. Went into the larva then billy goat then dummies ditch, and then into the door valley. Couldn't go any farther, made it to 8350ft at one spot. Guess the hard snow was good for exploring. Lucille just got a whole lot bigger of and area to us now. There is some massive climbs back there!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a good map on the wall of the cabin that would have told you that was not in the general riding area, but glad you made it out, LOTS DON'T.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's not that bad, sure it is a good pull and it transitions at the top just pinner if you got a half decent sled you will make it. and you know how to ride, slamnek has a great shot of our tracks pulling out of there.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple of pics from the butterfly. First one is on the ridge between butterfly and larva and the second one is the climb out.

Attachments

• Butterfly.JPG
    Butterfly.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Butterfly climb out.jpg
    Butterfly climb out.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 63

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
it's not that bad, sure it is a good pull and it transitions at the top just pinner if you got a half decent sled you will make it. And you know how to ride, slamnek has a great shot of our tracks pulling out of there.

is there not like a side hill granny trail kinda thing that hooks up to the lower main bowl through the trees??

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
right now the butterfly it is very icy and hard packed. have seen many peeps in the trees as it is abit narrow at the bottom. alot of wrecks happen on the way down as well. if not experienced should do some practising before going down there. easy down and out for the experienced riders like yourself Maxwell.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there not like a side hill granny trail kinda thing that hooks up to the lower main bowl through the trees??

this trail is into the first bowl not the butterfly. only two ways out of the fly, up the shute or the long sidehill to the left if standing at the bottom looking up.
if going past the butterfly into larva there are terrain traps so be careful back there.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
this trail is into the first bowl not the butterfly. Only two ways out of the fly, up the shute or the long sidehill to the left if standing at the bottom looking up.
If going past the butterfly into larva there are terrain traps so be careful back there.

i thought we saw some tracks down low in larvae that led into the trees and someone told me the locals would quite often use that trail..... Very rough/rugged/bumpy i was told??

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i could see where problems could arise if it was icy goin down and if there was a dump for goin up,,,youd have to have a descent sled and know how to use it,,,i could just picture unexperienced riders littered all over that climb trenched in

Bowen

Reaction score
I was the guy that led you fellows around. Next time don't tell me you all are experienced mtn riders then when we drop into something you say you are all rookies. I don't mind guiding people around but as you see trouble can be had in a hurry. Their was 10+ sleds come out of there while you were sitting. Stick to the flat land or don't BS the guide:nono:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was the guy that led you fellows around. Next time don't tell me you all are experienced mtn riders then when we drop into something you say you are all rookies. I don't mind guiding people around but as you see trouble can be had in a hurry. Their was 10+ sleds come out of there while you were sitting. Stick to the flat land or don't BS the guide:nono:

Honesty is always the best policy. You BS your way into something, you damn well best be ready to put your money where you mouth is. Sorry to here about you getting conned Bowen but you to have a responsibility to watch and see what level of riders you are guiding. Glad that you all made it out ok. I remember a time when the only way out of the butterfly was on the bottom of a Bell 212

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca

So then as I read this I'm thinking maybe YOU didn't ask to ride with their group as they claimed. Cause ya that wouldn't really make you the guide would it? Cause ya as a GUIDE, as I am, it is YOUR responsibility to... well???... be a GUIDE and bring them back safe and their shorts not so full ?? I never assume anybody knows what they are doing while I'm guiding them. If you would of taken' a few Pulls here and there on the way in with the group you would of known the Fly wasn't for them.
Ive puckered a couple of times my self coming out of there. Especially when the weather comes in while your in there :eek:

Top Bottom