Anyone in the Red Deer area....

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok... i am going to probably sound like a tool asking this but whatever. when i cant figure something out i can admit it. I recently put on a s36 front end kit on my freeride 800. everything is on and good BUT.... I can not get the ski alignment right. I get it set as per the instructions but then take it for a ride and you can tell right away its out. i have been playing around with this for 2 days now. Is the anyone in the red deer area that would come and show me what i am doing wrong? or help me set it? It is in a big heated shop in red deer. tons of space and a good amount of tools. if there is anything you need to do to your sled, bring it too there is tons of room to do work. in return i will pay cash, beer, booze whatever i just want this done. I would take it into the dealer but i may as well just buy a new sled because they are telling me i could drop it off today and expect it back within 3 weeks... :nono: thats not going to work. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks guys... and gals

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it should be an easy fix , try calling Sayler motorsports in lacombe. Ryan might be able to fix ya up pretty quick
(403) 598-0210

Sent from my iPhone using while working extremely hard

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he is booking 2 weeks as well.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get 2 long boards or something strait that long enough to go from your skis to the end of your track, make sure your handle bars are strait lay the boards tight up against your skis and measure off your track. Make each side the same and then about a half inch difference between the front measurement and back measurement, back being the small measurement

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok... i am going to probably sound like a tool asking this but whatever. when i cant figure something out i can admit it. I recently put on a s36 front end kit on my freeride 800. everything is on and good BUT.... I can not get the ski alignment right. I get it set as per the instructions but then take it for a ride and you can tell right away its out. i have been playing around with this for 2 days now. Is the anyone in the red deer area that would come and show me what i am doing wrong? or help me set it? It is in a big heated shop in red deer. tons of space and a good amount of tools. if there is anything you need to do to your sled, bring it too there is tons of room to do work. in return i will pay cash, beer, booze whatever i just want this done. I would take it into the dealer but i may as well just buy a new sled because they are telling me i could drop it off today and expect it back within 3 weeks... :nono: thats not going to work. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks guys... and gals

No expert, but happy to swing by after work tomorrow to see if I can figure it out. I did the kit in my sons 2010 & all went OK. Send me a P.M. if you still need help tomorrow. afternoon.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get 2 long boards or something strait that long enough to go from your skis to the end of your track, make sure your handle bars are strait lay the boards tight up against your skis and measure off your track. Make each side the same and then about a half inch difference between the front measurement and back measurement, back being the small measurement

I'm no mechanic, but this worked well for me as well. Pretty easy.

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did you do about the shocks? Are you using the stock piggybacks that came on the sled? I am coming to Red Deer on Sunday and I could sure have a peek? The advice about laying a straight edge along the track and measuring is one of the best and fastest ways of aligning it. The reason I am asking about the shocks is because you may need to take an inch out of them. They will be too long. Oh what year of Freeride?

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i used the shocks that came with the kit... BUT... the stock kyb with piggy back will fit. i measured and both sets measure 17" c2c.
after i measured that i measured the distance from bolt to mount on bottom a-arm and the mount point is at the same distance on both.
I'm still going to sell the piggy back set anyways.

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry i was wrong. your right it is about 1/2 to long.
either way i am selling the stock kybs if anyone is iterested as well as stock a-arms, tie rods and all ball joints

aderry

Reaction score
I have a buddy who got his shortened and revalved by nextech I think it was only like a $100-150 a shock. IMO well worth the cash to keep the stock freeride shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright.... best way ever to do the alignment has got the be by laying a piece of plywood on the ground. drive on it. center the sled. measure from edge of wood to edge of ski. I was done within 20 minutes and it bang on now. thanks for the help guys

Top Bottom