Anyone having good luck with their Polaris?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is the reason I started this thread, is it true or just internet theory. Had a buddy buy a new Summit in 07 made it 7 miles on it's maiden voyage, but don't read about it on here that they are crap. Just wanted to try and lower the anger about Polaris that seems to be prevelant on this site.

Trench:beer:

look around the infamous 2007 skidoo is littered throughout this site with blow up threads. the difference was that there was a solution and after that it was bulletproof.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is the reason I started this thread, is it true or just internet theory. Had a buddy buy a new Summit in 07 made it 7 miles on it's maiden voyage, but don't read about it on here that they are crap. Just wanted to try and lower the anger about Polaris that seems to be prevelant on this site.

Trench:beer:

you seem to always here that they blow up. but going back to my post, its the theory of concentration of negatives on a thread of a forum. i had a indy 400 way back when, didnt blow up, have a little edge 340 for my kids/wife now, it still runs.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just like the rt 1000:eek:
lots and lots of threads on stay away as they are pos's.
but even more guys complaining of having their arms ripped off because they pull so friggen hard. and many have never had a problem.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to see some good feed back about this, I agree that the internet can and does blow things way out of proportion. I'm fairly new to this site and was getting kind of bummed out reading all the Polaris bashing.

Trench

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to see some good feed back about this, I agree that the internet can and does blow things way out of proportion. I'm fairly new to this site and was getting kind of bummed out reading all the Polaris bashing.

Trench

x2!!!

FLEMINA

Reaction score
Back in 02, bought a used 1997 polaris 600 xc from a coworker, machine had 2200 miles on odometer. Rode the chit out of it in Valemount, Mcbride, and lots of local ditchbanging miles. She now shows lil over 5000 miles. Only had to rebuild recoil once, as a good buddy of mine started it in Vimy and pullcord broke, probably cause it was rotted out after 10 plus yrs of pullin it over. Seeming the ol girl gave me yrs of trouble free riding, purchased an 09 Dragon 800 in Oct 08. After 5 trips to Blue River, Valemount, and Mcbride that season, (dint enjoy mid throttle bog tho) the friendly staff at Cycle Works West took her in for engine updates, (dual ring piston, new heads, updated fuel mapping). Happy to say it flat out RIPS now, been highmarking Skummits, Arctic Craps, and Yamahahahas every since!

:beer:Cheers:beer: Great thread!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back in 02, bought a used 1997 polaris 600 xc from a coworker, machine had 2200 miles on odometer. Rode the chit out of it in Valemount, Mcbride, and lots of local ditchbanging miles. She now shows lil over 5000 miles. Only had to rebuild recoil once, as a good buddy of mine started it in Vimy and pullcord broke, probably cause it was rotted out after 10 plus yrs of pullin it over. Seeming the ol girl gave me yrs of trouble free riding, purchased an 09 Dragon 800 in Oct 08. After 5 trips to Blue River, Valemount, and Mcbride that season, (dint enjoy mid throttle bog tho) the friendly staff at Cycle Works West took her in for engine updates, (dual ring piston, new heads, updated fuel mapping). Happy to say it flat out RIPS now, been highmarking Skummits, Arctic Craps, and Yamahahahas every since!

:beer:Cheers:beer: Great thread!

more like you been highmarkin the zamboni in the rink parking lot snow pile

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 99 RMK700 and rode it for 4 yrs and tons of miles sold it to a buddy and it finally blew up about 4yrs ago.My currant ride is an 09 dragon 800 had the update done at 480 miles it now has 1100 miles all trouble free[knocking on wood now]I initially sealed the air box,never hold the throttle steady always pin it,run shell 91 or chevron 94,VES gold,warm it up good.I also only ride in the mountains usually 4500-7000'.I have the mid elevation bog occasionally but never a hiccup when up in the mountains.Runs like a raped ape all stk with HPS can,best sled I have ever owned .Wife sled is also trouble free 09 RMK700 slp single

Klingon Warrior

Reaction score
Started on an XC700, awesome sled, only had 1 issue, lower crank bearing got real noisy but shut her down before she blew apart, sold that one and it's still running strong, have a 700 Pro X 151 with an 800 RMK under the hood since new that still rocks, then bought an 09 800 155 Dragon in fall of 08, had the engine update done last fall, steady as a rock, mid range bog but vary the throttle lots and have had no other issues, ditch banging, trail riding or mountain riding, Canada and the US, no issues, Still have the Pro X {wife and daughters ride it} and the Dragon, nothing bad to say, good fuel, {no ethanol} Polaris Synthetic oil, warm up time and ride !!!

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
93 500 EFI bullet proof, 98 700RMK, bullet proof, 99 700 RMK bullet proof, 2010 800 D midrange crapout. Buddies Pro RMK 6500 RPM Bog from hell!

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Refreshing thread, reading about what a piece of chit you ride all the time gets old

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
93 500 EFI bullet proof, 98 700RMK, bullet proof, 99 700 RMK bullet proof, 2010 800 D midrange crapout. Buddies Pro RMK 6500 RPM Bog from hell!

Be curious to know what the mystery bog is all about. Proper fuel, weights?

Have ran a '96 XLT, 98 500, 98 RMK 700, '03 600 RMK. '04 600 Switchback, ;10 D8, '10 RMK 800, a second '10 RMK 800, and I'm on a new Pro.

Never missed a beat with any of these sleds and yet it's always the same guys bitching on here, 3rd motor, 4th motor etc.
And it's the machine? ............really?

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Have ran a '96 XLT, 98 500, 98 RMK 700, '03 600 RMK. '04 600 Switchback, ;10 D8, '10 RMK 800, a second '10 RMK 800, and I'm on a new Pro.

Never missed a beat with any of these sleds and yet it's always the same guys bitching on here, 3rd motor, 4th motor etc.

Clutched for below 6000' and running Husky marked non ethanol premium.
Once we know I'll post it. The dealer here thinks injectors or throttle safety switch. Sounds like grasping for straws so far.

"3rd motor, 4th motor etc." ROTFLMAO!!! Yup.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1997 700 RMK was a great sled it did have scored pistons after the first 200miles and I froze up a carb later on and took out a piston and jug. sled had 4400 miles on it when I sold it.
2001 800 RMK Best sled I've ever owned! I did the complete engine at 4000 miles because it had 4000miles. Currently has 5500miles!
2009 800 RMK Been good so far(but I keep knocking on wood!). I don't ride as much as I used to but currently has 700+miles on it. I've been borescoping and compression testing after every weekend of riding and everything looks good and is not changing any!

All this talk about polaris being bad I have never seen it myself but does worry me.

The worst sled I ever owned was a 1993 580 EXT rode it for 1700miles and had 4 engine failures!

Klingon Warrior

Reaction score

I understand it runs lean in the midrange, seen some chatter about a Power Commander or such to control fuel? Need to find out more about that,,,

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
09 800 Dragon 163"..... 1800 miles and has never missed a beat!!!!!!

Been a Poo Fan my whole life...... No Reason To Change...... I think most of the B"tching about Poo's on here is DRIVER related!!!!!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After reading all the negative stuff on here about Polaris junk, I'm interested to hear from those that have had good luck. I have an 08 800 Dragon that has been pull and go since new, got the update done at 1400 miles and have another 400 since then. We also have an 07 600 RMK that has been bullet proof, I ride this thing like I don't own it (wifes sled)!! So is all we hear on these sites the bad stuff? There must be a percentage of motors not burning down, wonder what it is?

Trench:confused:

Our good friends run and swear by Polaris. I can't figure out why: his Dragon has been rebuilt to the tune of $15,XXX dollars. Somehow, he has managed to have all of that warrantied, but the shop has finally told him "NO MORE". In terms of running well, his sled is a peice of POO, pun intended! In terms of warranty, he is one lucky bastage!! I just don't understand how he could be happy with all that down-time and fighting one problem after another??

And then he says he is going to buy Polaris again, but maybe go with another dealer close to home... I think his warranty-luck is about to run out too:cool:

Top Bottom