Anyone have your rear shock on your skid collapse on xm?

Jonny Cash

Reaction score
Sled was sitting in heated garage for a week went to sit on it and it was a low rider.(I thought it may last longer than 700km)...:confused:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled was sitting in heated garage for a week went to sit on it and it was a low rider.(I thought it may last longer than 700km)...:confused:
your shock only limits how fast your suspension can collapse or rebound. your springs are what hold your sled up.

Jonny Cash

Reaction score
skis were on rollers this is how i noticed it sitting lower. Springs are fine. Shock moves with no dampening what so ever up and down...

01Sharp

Reaction score
So what's the solution to this? I had this happen in the Hassler a few weeks ago, just kept on riding and it fixed itself. Heavier springs?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think the rear shocks are of the best quality on these things. They get alot of ice build up on them which means they are getting quite warm. Never noticed that on other sleds. A better quality shock with a remote reservoir would be ideal. Or maybe an air shock.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think the rear shocks are of the best quality on these things. They get alot of ice build up on them which means they are getting quite warm. Never noticed that on other sleds. A better quality shock with a remote reservoir would be ideal. Or maybe an air shock.

I dislike air shocks. Too much maintenance requires and a leaking one can ruin a day fast

copperhead154

Reaction score
I have the same problem with the rear shock on my 154 xm. Seems like it comes and goes. Is this normal? If it is sitting level it is fine, but the slightest angle and it bottoms right out. No damping what so ever.

dave55

Reaction score
I have had the same problem the rear shock reverse hydraulics when it gets hot ones it cools down it comes back mine had about 10" of sage, i put titanium springs and still did it so i will be changing the shock any good ones out there that are not air?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had the same problem the rear shock reverse hydraulics when it gets hot ones it cools down it comes back mine had about 10" of sage, i put titanium springs and still did it so i will be changing the shock any good ones out there that are not air?

Dave, Raptors are the answer you seek.

Daryl from Racers Edge carries them and uses them on all his builds now. They are trick! Call 403-254-8686.

dave55

Reaction score
Thanks guys I will look into these shocks. Those new xm work very well and a lot of fun to ride.

Top Bottom