anyone have a Powder Lites Stage 3 on a 1200 Doo?

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how many folks out there are running P.Lites Stage 3 kits on their 1200 Doo's? What you like? What you don't like? General feed back.

I also am running a stage 3 powderlites turbo on my 1200. I am really liking it. I have the air/air with intercooler and just recently installed the motec. It runs awsome with the motec...all I need to do now is get my turbo filter outside the plastics to get cold air. So far powderlites has been awsome to me and always willing to help on whatever day u need them!!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you go on dootalk there is a ton of info on the 1200 doo turbos

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would change the Rapidbike box to the boost it box and injector system. With the single injectors you will experience some issues and with an additional set for the boost your sled will perform flawlessly all the time. Just my 2 cents
Yep True I have a buddy that switched to boost it fuel system.He said night and day diffrent it now like riding a big 2 stroke.

Last edited:

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would change the Rapidbike box to the boost it box and injector system. With the single injectors you will experience some issues and with an additional set for the boost your sled will perform flawlessly all the time. Just my 2 cents

IMO... If your going to spend the money to switch to boost it box and extra injectors your better off buying the motec. Best stand alone system out there, you will never have another problem and you won't get better service anywhere I can guarantee you that. The options you can later buy are worth it too. Just my 2 cents

turboxp

Reaction score
I will put my tuned rapid bike 3 up against any thing out there two stoke or four when comes to being responsive bottom end mid and top.Yes it did take some tuning but it does work very well.My son is in the process of trying a Rapid bike race on his 1200 the continues tuning on the fly is a sweet idea.The biggest thing is not being afraid of working with the mapp yourself .Stage threes.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hey what do you know you are yammi guy, lol

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will put my tuned rapid bike 3 up against any thing out there two stoke or four when comes to being responsive bottom end mid and top.Yes it did take some tuning but it does work very well.My son is in the process of trying a Rapid bike race on his 1200 the continues tuning on the fly is a sweet idea.The biggest thing is not being afraid of working with the mapp yourself .Stage threes.

Piggy back systems don't even compare to a standalone system. I had a RBR with my tuning bike and it's not even close to the tuning you can do with the motec. Just ask powderlites they installed it for me.

turboxp

Reaction score
I have to ask how much time did u take when tuning the rapid bike did u spend time on the computer your self or did u just go with base mapp.I have heard that the motec works very well.I am asking because people don't do much tuning themselves .

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to ask how much time did u take when tuning the rapid bike did u spend time on the computer your self or did u just go with base mapp.I have heard that the motec works very well.I am asking because people don't do much tuning themselves .

I will be honest I'm not very good with the tuning with out help from a dealer that tunes them all the time. I tried for half a season to get it tuned in, never did get it 100%, I know few people that have there's dialed in, and im not knocking the rbr in anyway. I was tired of not being able to ride 100%, so I dumped the rbr with my tuning and put on a motec, works flawless, and the customer service you get with it is flawless too!!!

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone switch from air /air to water/air ? Just wondering if its a huge difference in performance. Would like to do this mod over the summer. I have heard it helps with throttle response and runs a lot cooler.

Top Bottom